Sensor Control Unit (TSCU) for capacitive touch sensors added to standard peripherals. System control as well as electrostatic capacitive touch detection of a maximum of 28 channels of input on a single chip. Perfect for customers wanting stable touch detection even in the rigorous noisy environments demanded by consumer and industrial applications, and customers considering system cost reduction by integrating system control and touch detection on a single chip. Maximum operating frequency is 20 MHz. 64-pin package is available.
- CPU core: R8C 16-bit CPU core
- Minimum instruction execution time:
50 nsec (f(Xin) = 20 MHz)
- Supply voltage:
2.7 to 5.5 V/Max. 20 MHz, 1.8 to 5.5 V/Max. 5 MHz
64 KB/6 KB, 96 KB/8 KB, 128 KB/10 KB
(RAM: 0.5 KB for touch detection)
- Data flash: 1 KB x 4 blocks (Touch setting values can be stored.), with background operation (BGO) function*1
- DTC (Data transfer controller): 1 ch
- ELC (Event link controller)*2: 1 ch
- Clock generation circuits: 4 circuits
- XIN-XOUT main clock (oscillation stop detection circuit included)
- XCIN-XCOUT sub clock
- High-speed on-chip oscillator (40 MHz）
- Low-speed on-chip oscillator (125 kHz)
- Voltage detection circuit (LVD):
3 circuits (detection levels selectable)
- Power-on reset (POR) circuit
- Watchdog timer: 1 ch (supports hardware reset, selectable low-speed on-chip oscillator for the watchdog timer)
- Multifunction timer: 4 ch
- 8-bit timer 1 ch (Timer RE2)
- 16-bit timer 3 ch (Timer RB2, Timer RC, Timer RJ)
- Real-time clock timer: 1ch
- 8-bit timer 1 ch (Timer RE2)
- Serial interface: 3 ch
- Clock synchronous/UART: 3 ch
- I2C/SSU*3: 1 circuit
- Hardware LIN: 1 ch (UART & Timer RJ)
- CRC calculator
- A/D converter: 10-bit x 12 ch
- Comparator: 2 circuits
- Touch detector (TSCU)*4: 28-input (shared with I/O ports)
(Reduces power consumption by allowing touch detection in wait mode.)
- I/O ports: Input/Output: 59, Input only: 1
(Large-current drive capacity is provided. Variable input threshold values: 3 values)
64-pin LQFP (10 mm x 10 mm, 0.5 mm pitch)
64-pin LQFP (14 mm x 14 mm, 0.8 mm pitch)
*1: A function to read the program ROM area during data flash programming or block erase operation.
*2: Events output from peripheral functions can be linked to events input to different peripheral functions.
*3: Synchronous serial communication unit
*4: Sensor control unit
Below you will find information to support the development of your application.
You can find an explanation of orderable part numbers here.
Resources for Software and Hardware
|My Renesas||Create a My Renesas account to use our tool download services, receive e-newsletter/update notifications, and take advantage of our other services.|
|e-learning||Information for studying and learning about microcontrollers and microprocessors.|
|FAQ||Frequently asked questions and useful hints for development.|
|Forum||A forum and community site to share technical information, questions and opinions with others who use Renesas products.|
|Video||Watch videos related to this product.|
Software Design Support
|E1||A standard Renesas on-chip debugging emulator that enables users to carry out ample debugging for real development at low cost. (Also included with starter kits.)|
Hardware Design Support
|Reference oscillator circuit constants||The resonators for which the operation is verified and their oscillator constants are shown below.|
The information contained herein has been provided by a member of Renesas Partners. This information is provided on the Renesas website provided for convenience and informational purposes only. Renesas is not responsible for the contents of this page or any changes or updates to the information posted on this page. Certain links provided herein permit you to leave this site and enter non-Renesas sites. These linked sites are not under control of Renesas. Renesas is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any changes or updates to such sites. These links are provided for convenience and informational purposes only. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Renesas of any linked site.
Renesas's Publication of information regarding third-party products or services does not constitute an endorsement regarding the suitability of such products or services or a warranty, representation or endorsement of such products or services either alone or in combination with any of Renesas's product or service.