The Renesas Promotional Board for R8C/M12A is intended as a user-friendly introductory and evaluation board for the R8C/M12A microcontroller. The board also provides a useful platform for evaluating the Renesas suite of development tools for coding and debugging, using the High-performance Embedded Workshop of the E8a circuit mounted on the CPU board.
Layout and Specification
The board dimensions are 52 mm by 52 mm.
|Input Clock||Main: 20 MHz|
|Potentiometer||Single-turn, 10 kΩ|
|LED||Power indicator: green x 1|
|User: green x 1, orange x 1, red x 1|
|Switch||Reset x 1|
|User x 1|
|DIP Switch||4-pole x 1|
|Microcontroller Pin Header||2.54 mm pitch, 12-pin x 2|
* Microcontroller Pin Header is not contained in the product.
- CPU Board with integrated on-chip debugger
- Detachable AD Adjustment Shaft
- USB cable
PC System Requirements
- IBM PC/AT or compatible PC (USB interface necessary) *1
- Intel Pentium Ⅲ 600 MHz or higher *3
- Memory 128 MB or higher
- Microsoft Windows 2000/ Windows XP/ Windows Vista *2 (other than the listed OS is not supported)
*1: IBM and PC/AT are registered trademarks of International Business Machines Corporation of the U.S.
*2: MS, MS-DOS and Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation of the U.S.
*3: Pentium is a trademark of Intel Corporation of the U.S.
Please see below links to the demonstration workspace (inc all source code), evaluation compile and E8a emulator software.
Before evaluation please follow the procedure below:-
#1 Download and install High-performance Embedded Workshop IDE with C Compiler for M16C Series and R8C Family
#2 Download and install E8a emulator for R8C
#3 Download the board schematics, device placement diagram, and Quick Start Guide
#4 Download and open the demonstration workspace
To start evaluation please follow the procedure below:-
- Ensure all board switches on SW2 are on
- Connect a USB cable from the PC to the board and accept the new USB driver as necessary
- Open file C:\WorkSpace\RPBR8CM12A_Tutorial\RPBR8CM12A\RPBR8CM12A.hws by double click
- Select "SessionR8C_E8a_System" from the Debug | Debug sessions menu
- Select Debug | Connect from the menus and complete connection by selecting all defaults values.
You should now be able to build the project by pressing F7 and download the code by double click on the download module.
Before using the tutorial, please note the following points
- Refer to page three of the Schematics for the E8a circuit connections using SW-2, note that the E8a circuit is built onto the RPBR8CM12A board.
- Refer to the header section of the file main_data_f_power_c.c (in the tutorial download) for instructions on using the sample code.
- It is necessary to install the High-performance Embedded Workshop and E8a emulator software before using the Tutorial.
This product can be purchased through the normal sales channels.
|Product Name||Debugger Supplied||Part Number
|Renesas Promotional Board for R8C/M12A||E8a circuit is
the CPU board.