The ISL32610E, ISL32611E, ISL32612E are ±16.5kV IEC61000 ESD protected, fractional unit load (UL), 1.8V powered, single differential receivers (Rx) for balanced data communication using the RS-485 and RS-422 standards. With their 85µA supply currents, the receivers are optimized for low power applications, and deliver the lowest supply currents of any available single Rx IC
To improve performance in low data rate applications with slow signal transitions, these Rx feature symmetrical switching points (±200mV) and increased hysteresis. The symmetrical switching points eliminate the duty cycle distortion introduced by full-failsafe type receivers, while the larger hysteresis increases noise immunity.
The receivers present a 1/8 unit load to the data bus, which allows up to 256 devices on the network for large node count systems (for example, process automation, remote meter reading systems). The ISL32611E/ISL32612E Rx output is tri-statable using the RE/RE input.
The receiver inputs feature a failsafe-if-open design, which ensures a logic high Rx output if Rx inputs are floating. Data rates up to 256kbps are achievable with this device at VCC = 1.8V.
- Wide Supply Voltage Range: 1.8V to 3.6V
- Ultra Low Quiescent Supply Current 110µA (maximum)
- IEC61000 ESD Protection on RS-485 Bus Pins ±16.5kV
- Class 3 ESD Level on all Other Pins >8kV HBM
- Symmetrical Switching Thresholds for Less Duty Cycle Distortion
- Larger Hysteresis for Improved Noise Immunity 70mV
- Data Rates up to 256kbps (1.8V) or 500kbps (3.3V)
- 1/8 Unit Load Allows up to 256 Devices on the RS-485 Bus
- Specified for +125°C Operation
- Three-State Rx Output Available
- 5V tolerant logic inputs
- Pb-Free (RoHS Compliant)
- Industrial/Process Control Networks, Factory Automation
- High Node Count Networks
- Space Constrained Systems
- Building Environmental Control Systems