ASI4U-V5 ASSP (Application Specified Standard Product) is the industry’s first silicon solution to fully implement the ASi-5 (Actuator Sensor Interface version specification version 5) standard for industrial network equipment that enables full Industry 4.0 applications. The new ASI4U-V5 ASSP is a fully verified and field-proven firmware that reduces the complexity associated with ASi-5 implementations, allowing users to implement into their applications easily.
- Fully compliant to the ASi version 5 standard
- Fully compatible to the ASi version 3 standard
- The solution consists of the ASSP and a self contained ASi-5 firmware
- 64-pin QFN package
- Supports Simple mode (digital IO-connection)
- Supports Complex mode (SPI IF to application)
- -40 to +85°C Operating temperature
- Supply voltages: 5V & 3.3V
- Package dimensions : 9 x 9 mm, 0.5 mm pitch
- Part Number: R9J06G039UGNP
ASi-5 Key Technology Advantages
Faster and more efficient for Industry 4.0 applications
- ASi-5 supports 1.2ms cycle time with a jitter of less than 10ns vs 5ms of ASi-3
- ASi-5 allows for 96 devices being attached to the same cable vs 62 in ASi-3
- ASi-5 can run up to 200m cable vs 100m in ASI 3
- ASi-5 supports diagnostics and event handling needed for industry 4.0 applications
- ASi-5 is the most robust field bus due to its 3D redundancy concept, which ensures that all data reaches the destination in time without any errors. Robustness is a key asset in industrial communication.
Ease of integration
- ASI4U-V5 is an ASi-5 silicon solution, which consists of the ASi-5 ASSP and a fully self-contained firmware image that handles all ASi-5 specific items. Hence, it is the easiest fieldbus integration option.
- ASI4U-V5 is fully backwards compatible to ASi-3
- ASI4U-V5 supports all bust topologies (line, star, tree)
- ASI4U-V5 supports and easy integration with IO-Link
Supports Simple Slave and Complex Slave Applications
Main Interfaces and Application Examples
ASI4U-V5: The Solution That Fits to All ASi-5 Applications
Renesas: A One-Stop-Shop for ASi-3 and ASi-5
ASi-3 Compliant Universal AS-i ICs:
For more information, please contact us.