The 89HP0504P (QFN) Repeater Evaluation Board is designed to enable quick in-system testing of IDT’s 4-channel, 5Gbps, PCIe 2.1 repeater IC product.
This board features a full 16-lane connection from host through the Repeaters to an end-point device installed in the PCIe slot. Any width adapter card, from a 1-lane SATA card to a 16-lane graphics accelerator, can be plugged into the top-edge PCIe slot.
This board provides a USB-to-I2C bridge circuit which allows convenient connection to a PC for accessing the Repeaters control and status registers via IDT’s repeater configuration utility (GUI). An I2C connection is also provided to give the same control capability if using an external USB to I2C adapter with IDT’s repeater GUI. The Repeaters receiver, transmitter, and other device configuration parameters can be adjusted to provide optimum operating margins by using the GUI.
The 89HP0504P (QFN) Repeater Evaluation Board is used by inserting it into a desktop PC or server, then plugging an end point card (SATA, Ethernet, USB3, etc.) into the 16-lane slot on top. Passive trace cards can be used to extend the data signal to emulate a planned system design. Note that the resulting card stack will require an open chassis test environment.
- Contains eight 89HP0504PZBNRG PCIe2 Repeaters that compensate for PCB trace attenuation and ISI jitter
- 16-lane PCIe adapter card with full PCIe protocol support
- Configurable via USB or I2C interfaces using IDT Windows GUI
- EEPROM supports automatic download of configuration data to all eight 89HP0504P Repeaters
- Enables individual channel configurations of ten parameters including: receiver equalization and threshold voltage, transmit swing and de-emphasis, slew rate, etc.
- Multiple power connection options
- Card format: 7.5” x 4.75”, non-standard size; Use requires an open chassis
- Works with passive trace cards to extend FR4 traces