The 89EBPES16T4G2 Evaluation Board (also referred to as EB16T4G2) provides an evaluation platform for the PES16T4G2 switch. It is also a cost effective way to add a PCIe downstream port (x4) to an existing system with a limited number of PCIe downstream ports. The EB16T4G2 evaluation board is designed to function as an add-on card to be plugged into a x4 PCIe slot available on a motherboard hosting an appropriate root complex, microprocessor(s), and three downstream ports. The EB16T4G2 is a vehicle to test and evaluate the functionality of the PES16T4G2 chip. Customers can use this board to get a headstart on software development prior to the arrival of their own hardware. The EB16T4G2 is also used by Renesas to reproduce system-level hardware or software issues reported by customers.
- PES16T4G2 PCIe 3 port switch
- Upstream, Downstream Port
- Numerous user selectable configurations set using onboard jumpers and DIP-switches
- SMBUS Slave Interface (4 pin header)
- SMBUS Master Interface connected to the Serial EEPROMs through I/O expander
- "Attention" button for each downstream port to initiate a hot swap event on each port
- Four pin connector for optional external power supply
- Push button for Warm Reset
- Several LEDs to display status, reset, power, “Attention”, etc.
- One 10-pin JTAG connector (pitch 2.54 mm x 2.54 mm)
- Installation programs
- GUI based application for Windows and Linux