The PWM controller in the ISL78208 drives an internal switching N-Channel power MOSFET and requires an external Schottky diode to generate the output voltage. The integrated power switch is optimized for excellent thermal performance up to 3A of output current. The PWM regulator switches at a default frequency of 500kHz and it can be user programmed or synchronized from 300kHz to 2MHz. The ISL78208 utilizes peak current mode control to provide flexibility in component selection and minimize solution size. The protection features include overcurrent, UVLO and thermal overload protection.
The ISL78208 is available in 5mmx5mm 32 Ld Wettable Flank Quad Flat Pb-free (WFQFN) package.
The ISL78208 is rated for the automotive temperature range (-40°C to +105°C).
- Wide input voltage range from 4.5V to 28V
- Adjustable output voltage with continuous output current up to 3A
- Current mode control
- Adjustable switching frequency from 300kHz to 2MHz
- Independent power-good detection
- Selectable In-phase or out-of-phase PWM operation
- Independent, sequential, ratiometric or absolute tracking between outputs
- Internal 2ms soft-start time
- Overcurrent/short circuit protection, thermal overload protection, UVLO
- Boot undervoltage detection
- Qualified for automotive applications
- Pb-Free (RoHS compliant)
Design Resources and Tools