The ISL9230EVAL1Z evaluation board is used to evaluate the ISL9230 high input voltage, single-cell Li-ion battery charger.
The ISL9230 is a fully integrated, high input voltage, single-cell Li-ion battery charger with power path management function. This charger performs the CC/CV charge function required by Li-ion batteries. The charger can withstand an input voltage up to 26V but is disabled when the input voltage exceeds 6.6V OVP threshold. The input current limit and charge current are programmable with external resistors. When the battery voltage is lower than 3.0V, the charger preconditions the battery with 10% of the programmed charge current. When the charge current reduces to the programmable end-of-charge (EOC) current level during the CV charge phase, the EOC indicator (CHG) will toggle to a logic high to indicate the end-of-charge condition.
The ISL9230 uses separate power paths to supply the system load and charge the battery. This feature allows the system to immediately operate with a completely discharged battery and allows the charge to terminate when the battery is full while continuing to supply the system power from the input source, thus minimizing unnecessary charge/discharge cycles and prolonging the battery life. Two indication pins (PG and CHG) allow for a simple interface to a microprocessor or LEDs.
- Complete charger for single-cell Li-ion/polymer batteries
- Current path management to optimize for charge and system currents
- Intelligent timeout interval based on actual charge current
- 1% charger output voltage accuracy
- Programmable input current limit
- Programmable charge current
- Charge current thermal foldback for thermal protection
- Trickle charge for fully discharged batteries
- 26V maximum voltage at VIN pin
- Power presence and charge indications
- Ambient temperature range: -40 °C to +85 °C
- 16 Ld 3mm x 3mm TQFN package
- Pb-Free (RoHS compliant)
- Mobile phones
- Bluetooth devices
- MP3 players
- Stand-alone chargers
- Other handheld devices