The ISL78714XB-EVKIT1Z is an evaluation kit that facilitates testing of the ISL78714 Li-ion battery pack analog front-end ICs. The ISL78714 monitors cell voltage and temperature, and provides 14-bit digital values, cell balance control, and significant fault detection. The ISL78714 also contains daisy chain hardware to provide robust board-to-board communication.
The evaluation kit operates as a stand-alone monitor or, combined with additional boards, creates a daisy chained application. One board operating alone allows testing of up to 14-cell series-connected Li-ion battery packs, using a standard USB interface to a PC. Up to 30 boards cascade (with daisy chain communication from board-to-board) to test systems with up to 420 cells.
- Supports both stand-alone and daisy chained configurations
- Daisy chain capacitively coupled (direct board-to-board or cable connected) or transformer coupled cable connected (capacitor or transformer selected by jumper)
- External cell balance operation
- Cell voltages monitored after balance resistor to meet safety fault detection goals
- GUI provided export option for generation of detailed register, voltage and/or SPI communications log files
- USB microcontroller dongle runs HID firmware for enumeration and communications with Windows platforms
- Evaluation kit includes a resistor divider power supply board for cell voltage generation
- Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV), Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV) and Electric Vehicle (EV) battery packs
- Electric motorcycle battery packs
- Backup battery and energy storage systems requiring high accuracy management and monitoring
- Portable and semi-portable equipment