The ISL6298EVAL1 and ISL6298EVAL2 evaluation boards provide a complete platform for evaluating the ISL6298 Li-ion/Li-polymer battery charger devices. The ISL6298EVAL1 is used to evaluate the ISL6298-2CR3x and the ISL6298EVAL2 is used to evaluate the ISL6298-2CR4x parts.
The on-board 9-bit DIP switch facilitates programming charging current, setting EN input, temperature monitoring status, and so on. The four jumpers can set up input source selection, USB mode selection, and can be used to make other necessary connections.
Assembled in the center, the components constitute a complete charger solution, demonstrating the space saving advantage of the ISL6298 in limited space applications.
- 9-bit DIP switch for conveniently setting up charging current, battery thermal status, EN input, and so on
- Different jumpers for input source selection, USB mode selection, and the convenience of current measurement
- Exposed soldering pads connected to STATUS, FAULT, TIME, EN, V2P8, and TEMP functional pins to accommodate experimental testing that need extra connections to those pins
- Exposed soldering pads connected to STATUS, FAULT, TIME, EN, V2P8, TEMP, and IMIN (ISL6298EVAL2) functional pins to accommodate experimental testing that need extra connections to those pins
- Board size is 3.5 x 2.5 square inches for the convenience of evaluation
- Eight thermal vias in the thermal pad simulating the customers' thermally enhanced environment
- MD players, Bluetooth® headsets and MP3 players
- Portable instruments
- PDAs, cell phones and smartphones
- Stand-alone chargers