The ISL6294EVAL1Z evaluation board provides a complete evaluation platform for addressing all of the datasheet specifications and functionalities of the ISL6294 single-cell Li-ion battery charger. The jumpers on the board facilitate the programming of the charge current, different charging conditions, and can be used to make other necessary connections, such as current measurement.
The ISL6294 is a fully integrated single-cell Li-ion battery charger that accepts input voltages ranging from 4.5V up to 28V. Since the cradle input is rated for 28V maximum input voltage, the components associated with the input circuit on the evaluation board are good for a 28V supply.
The components assembled in the center square constitute a complete charger, indicating the space saving advantage of the typical ISL6294 installation in space-limited applications.
- A complete evaluation platform for the ISL6294 charger
- The center square suggesting the space saving advantage of the typical components assembly
- Accepts input voltage up to 28V
- Flexible power connectors each with a hook and a solder pad providing variety to users
- Convenient jumpers for programming the charge current, charge mode and for current measurement
- The board size of 3.5 x 2.5 square inches is handy for evaluation
- Six thermal vias in the thermal pad is similar to a customers' thermally enhanced environment
- On-board LEDs for input PPR and CHG state indication
- Mobile phones
- Bluetooth® devices
- MP3 players
- Stand-alone chargers
- Other handheld devices