The ISL540xxEVAL1Z evaluation boards are designed to provide a quick and easy method for evaluating the ISL540xx analog switch ICs.
The ISL54059 and ISL54062 ICs are single supply dual single-pole/double-throw (SPDT) analog switches while the ISL54060, ISL54061, ISL54063, and ISL54064 ICs are single supply dual single-pole/single-throw (SPST) analog switches. All devices feature negative swing capability, sub-Ω ON-resistance and low power dissipation. The ICs are designed for applications that require an analog switch that may see voltages below ground at the switch terminals, such as audio and video. The evaluation board is developed to evaluate the ISL540xx ICs, integrating many features for ease of use in examining the performance of the device under various operating conditions. To help understand the operation of the ISL540xx IC and the ISL540xxEVAL1Z evaluation board, it is recommended to study the evaluation board schematic found in the user guide and the datasheet for the IC under evaluation.
The analog switch ICs are capable of swinging down to 6.5V below the positive supply rail. For example, if the supply is at +1.8V, the switch terminal analog operating range is from -4.3V to +1.8V. The ISL54062, ISL54063 and ISL54064 also integrate click and pop elimination circuitry to remove transient noises at the speaker during power ON/OFF of an audio system. The evaluation board contains standard RCA/BNC connectors and a single headphone jack to allow the user to easily interface with the IC to evaluate its functions, features and performance.
- RCA audio input/output jacks, stereo headphone output jack and BNC connectors
- Convenient test points and connections for test equipment
- Click and pop elimination circuitry (ISL54062, ISL54063 and ISL54064)
- Manual or external logic input control
- Audio and video switching
- Battery-powered, handheld and portable equipmentMP3 and multimedia players
- Cellular/Mobile phones
- Laptops, notebooks and palmtops
- Portable test and measurement
- Medical equipment