The RoHS compliant ISL41334EVAL1Z evaluation board provides a quick and easy method for evaluating the ISL41334 two port, dual protocol, interface IC. The eval board also accommodates the ISL41387 BiCMOS interface IC.
This board was designed to allow the user to evaluate all the features available on the ISL81334 and ISL41334 interface products. The ISL41334 is the full featured version where the QFN package's increased pin count gives the user access to functionality not available on the pin limited ISL81334. The same die is used in both products, so other than minor package effects, evaluating the QFN packaged ISL41334 is a reasonable substitute for evaluating the ISL81334.
By changing jumper positions the user can quickly set the board to evaluate any of the ISL41334's many modes and features, and the input states can also be set via jumpers.
- QFN version demonstrates all enhanced features:
- Logic supply pin (VL)
- Three RS-485 speed options - 115kbps/460kbps/20Mbps
- Active low RS-485 Rx enable for simple direction control
- Quick configuration using jumpers
- State of all inputs can be set by jumper positions
- No bus termination resistors on Port 1 allows easy RS-232 evaluation; bus termination resistors on Port 2 for RS-485 evaluation
- Simple operation requires only one 5V power supply
- Gaming applications (e.g., slot machines)
- Single board computers
- Factory automation
- Security networks
- Industrial/Process control networks
- Level translators (e.g., RS-232 to RS-422)
- Point of sale (POS) equipment
- Dual channel RS-485 interfaces