Partners Expand Synergy Gallery Solutions with Enhanced Security and Wireless Connectivity Software Add-ons
25 Oct 2017
TOKYO, Japan, October 25, 2017 ― Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE:6723), a premier supplier of advanced semiconductor solutions, today announced the rapid expansion of its partner ecosystem with new third-party software tightly integrated into the Renesas Synergy™ Platform. Developers can access these and other third-party Verified Software Add-ons (VSAs) and validated Partner Projects on the Synergy Gallery website. The site includes solutions for security technology, communication protocols, wireless drivers for cloud connectivity, development tools, and more. This content helps developers solve real application challenges, and cost effectively speed their Internet of Things (IoT) products to market.
The Synergy Gallery hosts VSA and Partner Project software components with a unique and simple business model. Developers can browse, select, and download third-party software with no upfront fees, using simple click-through licensing. Renesas pre-tests and verifies third-party VSA software to ensure interoperability with Synergy software, while each partner tests and substantiates their Partner Project software to meet Renesas Synergy software compatibility requirements. The Synergy Gallery provides evaluation versions of commercially licensed third-party software, and developers can acquire the license directly from the third party.
“The IoT is enabled by many forms of connectivity and complex layered security, but developers should not be burdened with the implementation details. Since Synergy is a platform, it can accommodate partner solutions to meet specific customer needs,” said Peter Carbone, Vice President of Synergy Platform Business Division, Renesas Electronics Corporation. “Every customer has different security and connectivity requirements, which is why we view our third-party partners as the accelerant that’s making the IoT explode.”
Highlighted Synergy Gallery Additions
- Arrow’s ARIS EDGE delivers an out-of-the-box IoT sensor solutions kit targeting the edge of the IoT
- Avnet Silica Visible Things Development Kit offers an Industrial IoT multi-protocol gateway kit that provides an edge-to-enterprise solution
- Clarinox provides device-to-cloud connectivity software solutions covering a comprehensive and simultaneous implementations of Wi-Fi, Bluetooth® Classic, Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) secure wireless protocol stack software, augmented with a sophisticated software debugger to enable faster time to market and reduced maintenance overhead in production
- CS-Lab makes available its BACnet® connectivity and Digital Addressable Lighting Interface (DALI-2) stacks to enable building automation protocols
- Cypherbridge Systems offers SDKPac with TLS protected HTTPS Webserver and client, SMTP client, and Message Queue Telemetry Transport (MQTT) protocols, and supports a wide range of secure connectivity applications, including industry leading IoT cloud services
- Intrinsic-ID’s BROADKEY software module delivers enhanced security solutions to generate and manage unique device identities and root keys using SRAM Physical Unclonable Function (PUF) technology
- Redpine Signals provides software drivers and examples for 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi modules
To learn more about all of the Synergy Partner Programs and offerings, please visit http://renesassynergy.com/gallery/partner-ecosystem and sign up on the Synergy Gallery at https://synergygallery.renesas.com/ to get started on your next IoT innovation.
About The Synergy Platform
The Synergy Platform provides developers with immediate access to a complete embedded platform starting with an Application Programming Interface (API) to leverage a full software framework built around the best-in-class Express Logic X-Ware™. This software framework is qualified, maintained, supported, and warranted by Renesas to relieve developers from repeatedly creating and maintaining low-level software on each of their embedded projects. This saves customers months of work and extensive investment. The platform also integrates a wide range of scalable Arm® Cortex®-M based MCUs fully accessible through the software APIs, as well as IAR Embedded Workbench® development toolchain with intuitive configuration assistance, and hardware development kits.
About Renesas Electronics Corporation
Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723) delivers trusted embedded design innovation with complete semiconductor solutions that enable billions of connected, intelligent devices to enhance the way people work and live. A global leader in microcontrollers, analog, power, and SoC products, Renesas provides comprehensive solutions for a broad range of automotive, industrial, home electronics, office automation, and information communication technology applications that help shape a limitless future. Learn more at renesas.com.
(Remarks) Renesas Synergy is a trademark of Renesas Electronics Corporation. Bluetooth is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc. BACnet is a registered trademark of American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE). X-Ware is a trademark of Express Logic, Inc. Arm and Cortex are registered trademarks of Arm Limited (or its subsidiaries) in the US and/or elsewhere. IAR Embedded Workbench is a registered trademark owned by IAR Systems AB. All other registered trademarks or trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
The content in the press release, including, but not limited to, product prices and specifications, is based on the information as of the date indicated on the document, but may be subject to change without prior notice.