“HeyYou!” – Renesas and Medium One Intelligent Cloud Connected Kiosk
The Intelligent Cloud Connected Kiosk will demonstrate the use of AI and analytics to create customized user experiences. An embedded AI solution running on the Renesas RZ/G MPU allows developers to capture and present demographic-targeted content based on facial recognition, estimated user age, and gender information.
During the show, we will demonstrate:
- The Intelligent Kiosk, which identifies user age/gender demographics with Facial ID technology
- Content served up on "HeyYou!" Intelligent Kiosk based on your demographics
- A user statistical dashboard on the cloud over a browser
Machine Vision on Renesas AI
Renesas RZ/G is a family of high-performance GHz class, multi-core ARM Cortex® A15/A7 embedded microprocessors supporting CIP Linux. High-performance RZ/G MPUs are great for neural networks for Embedded Vision applications (inference). RZ/G Linux Platform also comes with support for popular AI frameworks like Tensorflow and Caffe2, which enable easy deployment of AI Models.
In this demonstration, we will be showing TensorFlow™ and Caffe2 models running directly on the RZ/G MPUs to do object identification.
Image Processing with DRP Acceleration
The image processing with Dynamic Reconfigurable Processor (DRP) acceleration solution will feature the RZ/A2M DRP block accelerating real-time edge detection in video.
Renesas will demonstrate edge detection and other image processing filters running both with and without DRP accelerator support, demonstrating the real-world impact of DRP for developing image processing accelerators.
Automotive Cluster, HUD, and Centerstack - All powered by one R-Car H3
This R-Car H3 Hypervisor demo will showcase:
- HW based GPU virtualization
- Memory protection
- HW isolation/robustness
- Display sharing between QNX and Guest OS (Linux)
Automotive 360° Surround View with Cost-effective Solution via R-Car V3M
Surround view is a vehicle camera system that provides different views or panoramic views to assist the driver when parking. Renesas offers a full line up of SoC’s to support entry level vehicles up to the premium segment.
This particular demonstration highlights the cost-effective entry level solution that the R-Car V3M provides:
- Integrated ISP for up to 4 cameras
- Fully programmable CV engine
- Image processor for dedicated CNN Hardware accelerator
- No GPU needed or included
AE-CLOUD2, Chip-to-Cloud Over Cellular
The Renesas Synergy™ AE-CLOUD2 Kit lets you add cellular connectivity to your embedded project in 10 minutes.
During the show, we will demo key features of the AE-CLOUD2 Kit:
- Synergy S5D9 MCU baseboard
- Quectel ultra-low power BG96 cellular module supports 4G/LTE Cat-M1, Cat-NB1, and 2G/EGPRS
- Sensors for sampling and sending data to the cloud
- Knowles highly-sensitive microphone provides sound and voice capture
- On-board SEGGER J-Link® debugger
Advanced HMI & Graphics on the Synergy Platform
The Synergy MCU platform from Renesas makes developing rich graphical user interfaces and advanced Human Machine Interface (HMI) solutions easy. Renesas will demonstrate how to use a flexible, full-featured PE-HMI1 product example.
Come see this demo to learn how:
- The Synergy S5 MCU series features were built in 2D graphics acceleration
- 640Kb of SRAM allows for double buffering on on-chip RAM
- The Synergy Software Package (SSP) accelerates code development
Enable Remote Vital Signs Monitoring at Ease!
IoT technology is reshaping the healthcare ecosystem, particularly for applications like patient monitoring. This demonstration will showcase the combination of Renesas’ Continua-certified Healthcare Meters Kit and a home health hub to build a remote patient monitoring platform.
The healthcare meters kit consists of an activity monitor, blood glucose module, blood pressure module and pulse-ox module, all of which can be connected to the hub via Bluetooth. The hub then serves as a fixed gateway connecting the healthcare meters kit contents with the patient ’s cloud portal, providing real time information to the caregiver who can in turn manage patient’s health more effectively.