Renesas Electronics enables high intelligence, efficiency and Power Factor with DALI and DMX while reducing system cost.
Here is where Renesas’ solutions stand out!
- Both analog and digital solutions for LED lighting are offered by Renesas.
- Analog solution offers PFC control and very simple dimming.
- Digital solution is full digital control including PFC, multiple LED channels, lighting communications and sensors.
- Full digital solution enables various model development by modifying the software parameters of power control.
Example of MCU-based control: RL78/I1A AC/DC full digital evaluation board
This is a 1-chip MCU-based solution that provides the PFC control, multi-channel LED control, and communication and sensor-based dimming and toning control, which are necessary for base lights/ceiling lights.
Whereas analog ICs require adjustments using external components when the system control must be modified, the 1-chip MCU-based full digital solution can accommodate such changes through modification to the control software. Therefore, a common circuit design can be applied to different sets of specifications for the construction of power board platforms.
Evaluate LED dimming/toning control using the RL78/I1A
- Powered by AC100V-240V
- up to 6 channels can be controlled with individual 16 bit dimming
- LED power: max. 90 W (30 W/ch)
- LED Vf total: max. 90 V/ch, LED current: max. 350 mA/ch
- Dimmer interface: DALI and DMX512 communications, IR sensor, switch × 3 ch
- On-chip debugging and flash rewriting capable (via USB cable or E1 emulator）
- Supports the software auto-generation tool Applilet EZ Lighting design GUI
- Support IEC61000-3-2 Class C, CISPR15
- IEC61347/60950 compliant design
|EZ-0008||Master communication evaluation board supporting infrared, DALI, and DMX512 communication|
|Lighting Communication Master Evaluation Board||Reference and evaluation tool for developing transmitter side (master) device for infrared, DMX512, and DALI communications
Features: Supports infrared, DMX512, and DALI (IEC 62386-207 Ed. 1.0 and IEC 62386-102 Ed. 2.0 command transmission)
Applications: Lighting switch, lighting controller/router, development tool
|EZ-0012||LED lighting evaluation board that performs DC/DC control by using the RL78/I1A microcontroller|
|Full Digital (2con/Isolation)||AC/DC full digital LED control evaluation board that uses the RL78/I1A microcontroller 2 converters, isolated, 3 channels of output
Features: Supports switch, infrared, DMX512, and DALI (IEC 62836-101 Ed. 1.0 and IEC 62836-102 Ed.1.0) as dimming mode
Applications: Base light, ceiling light, illumination equipment, etc.
|Full Digital (1con/Non-isolation)||AC/DC full digital LED control evaluation board that uses the RL78/I1A microcontroller 1 converter, non-isolated, 1 channel of output
Features: Reduce costs by using single converter. Original control technology prevents flicker.
Applications: Downlight, tube light
|Full Digital (2con/Non-isolation)||AC/DC full digital LED control evaluation board that uses the RL78/I1A microcontroller 2 converters, non-isolated, 1 channel of output
Features: Supports switch, infrared, and DALI as dimming mode. Supports IEC 62836-102 Ed. 2.0 commands for DALI. Original control technology enables low-intensity multi-stage high-performance dimming.
Applications: Base light, ceiling light
| Applilet EZ for HCD
||Tool used to automatically generate software for microcontrollers for LED lightings evaluation boards|