The ISL71590SEH and ISL73590SEH are temperature-to-current transducers possessing two terminals. They have a high impedance current output that allows them to be insensitive to voltage drops across long lines. When provided a differential voltage between 4V and 33V, the devices act as constant current regulators that generate a current equal to 1μA/Kelvin (K).
These devices are specified across the -55°C to +125°C temperature range and with ±1.7°C accuracy without the need of additional circuitry, and also capable of operating up to +150°C. With power requirements as low as 1.5mW (5V at +25°C), they are an ideal choice for remote sensing applications as any well-insulated twisted pair cable will allow for proper operation. They can be used in several additional applications including temperature compensation networks, flow rate analysis, anemometry, and biasing proportional to absolute temperature.
The high output impedance (>10MΩ) leaves plenty of room for variations in the power supply voltage. The ISL7x590SEH is electrically durable as it can withstand a forward operating voltage of 33V over the full temperature range both under and without ion beam radiation and a reverse voltage of -40V.
The ISL71590SEH and ISL73590SEH are available in 2 Ld flatpacks and die forms. All material applies to both parts except for TID assurance test levels.
- 50krad(Si) low dose rate (ELDRS) shift: < 1°C
- Linear output current: 1μA/K
- Wide power supply input range (V+ to V-) : 4V to 33V
- Low power consumption: 1.5mW at 5V
- High output impedance provides excellent rejection to variations in the supply line
- Additional linearization circuitry is not needed for operation
- Operating temperature range: -55°C to +150°C
- QML qualified per MIL-PRF-38535 requirements
- Radiation environment
- SEL/SEB LETTH: 86.4MeV•cm2/mg
- Total dose, high dose rate: 300krad(Si)*
- Total dose, low dose rate: 50krad(Si)
*Applies to the ISL71590SEH only.
- Electrically screened to SMD# 5962-13215