The Renesas Promotion board for RL78/L1A is the perfect board for first evaluation on the new device. The board includes a dot matrix display, on-chip debugging emulator and has rich Analog features. The reference application is showing a demonstration with oscilloscope and signal generator functions plus data logging.
- Using the RL78/L1A LCD device with rich analog features of 12-bit ADC & DAC, comparators and R2R OPAMP multiplex function.
- Ultra Low power mode with intelligent smart features like DTC and ELC to reduce CPU load.
- 128 x 128 Colour Dot Matrix PMOD Display used for GUI control and demo display.
- Header extender - option it is possible to connect some LCD with direct drive.
Running the Demonstration
- A USB Serial driver is required to be installed on the PC for the Oscilloscope Datalog mode. Download and unzip the "Drivers.zip" archive from the "Related Additional Documentation" section. Run the file "dpinst.exe" from the "32bit" or "64bit" subfolder, depending upon the PC and the driver will be installed automatically.
- Ensure that SW1 pin 1 is set to “ON” and SW1 pin 2 is set to “OFF”.
- Connect display to PMOD connector CN5.
- Connect the RPBRL78/L1A CN1 to the PC using the USB-mini cable supplied. The demonstration will start.
- Pot R43 can be used to navigate the on-screen menu (adjustment shaft supplied). Switch SW4 selects the current option. The oscilloscope and signal generators can be adjusted independently within the menus.
- Datalog mode samples the oscilloscope voltage at regular intervals and transmits this to the PC via the USB/serial interface to any terminal program as a voltage in mV in csv format. The serial format is 115200 baud 8N1.
Related Additional information.
Code Generator (AP4 for RL78)
An AP4, Application Leading Tool and Applilet is a standalone tool for automatically generating control programs (device driver programs) for peripheral modules in accordance with user settings. The type of build tool (compiler) is selectable. The Applilet generates control programs for the peripheral modules that suit the build tool, and also produces workspace files and project files for the integrated development environment.
|Product Name||Part Number (Ordering Number)||Availability||Buy|
|RL78/L1A Promotion Board||YRPBRL78L1A||Available||Ordering|
Information supporting development tools
|My Renesas||Create a My Renesas account to use our tool download services,receive e-newsletter/update notifications, and take advantage of our other services.|
|e-learning||Information for studying and learning about microcontrollers and microprocessors.|
|FAQ||Frequently asked questions and useful hints for development.|
|Forum||A forum and community site to share technical information,
questions and opinions with others who use Renesas MCU's.
|Tool News||Tool release information and other important information.|
|Operating Environment||Information on system requirements and operating environment for the latest version of tools.|
|Tool Environmental Information||Information on RoHS compliance of tools.|
|Info on Discontinued Products||A list of Renesas software and tools that have been discontinued and are no longer being offered for new projects.|
|Tools Orderable Part Number (s)||Production Status||Manufacturer||Suggested Single Tool Price||
|Description||Distributor Stock||Distributors||Distributor Purchase||Buy Direct|
|YRPBRL78L1A||Mass Production||Renesas||call||1||The Renesas Promotion board for RL78/L1A is the perfect board for first evaluation on the new device.||1||Mouser||-|