The ISL8205MEVAL1Z evaluation board is designed to demonstrate the performance of the ISL8205M. The board is by default set to be 1.2V output voltage with 1.6MHz switching frequency. Other output voltage values can be easily set by changing the jumper position. Switching frequency can be adjusted by changing the FS pin resistor.
The ISL8205M power module is a single channel synchronous step-down complete power supply, capable of delivering up to 5A of continuous current. Operating from a single 2.6V to 5.5V input power rail and integrating a controller, power inductor and MOSFETs, ISL8205M can achieve up to 95% conversion efficiency. It also provides fast transient response with excellent loop stability as well as deliver output voltage as low as 0.6V. Switching frequency is also adjustable from 680kHz to 3.5MHz with either external resistor or SYNC clock option. Selectable PFM mode can also be enabled to boost up light load efficiency to extend battery life. Other features include programmable soft-start, soft-stop, input undervoltage lockout, 100% duty cycle operation, over-temperature, overcurrent/short-circuit with hiccup mode, overvoltage and negative overcurrent protection. It also has a dedicated enable pin and power-good flag that allow for easy system power rails sequencing.
- 2.6V to 5.5V input voltage range
- Adjustable output voltage as low as 0.6V with ±1.6% accuracy over line/load/temperature
- Default 1.8MHz current mode control operations
- 680kHz to 3.5MHz resistor adjustable
- External synchronization up to 3.5MHz
- Selectable light-load efficiency mode
- 100% duty cycle LDO mode
- Programmable soft-start and soft-stop output discharge
- Dedicated enable pin and power-good flag
- UVLO, over-temperature, overcurrent, overvoltage and negative overcurrent protections
- DC to DC POL power module
- µC/µP, FPGA and DSP power
- Portable equipment
- Battery operated equipment