The ISL80030DEMO1Z, ISL80030ADEMO1Z, ISL80031DEMO1Z, and ISL80031ADEMO1Z boards provide a simple platform to evaluate the performance of the ISL80030, ISL80030A, ISL80031/A, and ISL80031A low quiescent current mode converters.
These devices are highly efficient, monolithic, synchronous step-down DC/DC converters that can deliver up to 3A of continuous output current from a 2.7V to 5.5V input supply. They use peak current mode control architecture to allow very low duty cycle operation. The devices operate at either a 1MHz or 2MHz switching frequency, thereby providing superior transient response and allowing for the use of small inductors.
These boards are offered in an 8-Ld 2mm x 2mm DFN package with 1mm maximum height. The complete converter occupies less than 64mm2 area.
- Small, compact design
- VIN range of 2.7V to 5.5V
- IOUT maximum is 3A
- Switching frequency is 1MHz
- Negative current protection
- Internal soft-start and soft-stop
- Overcurrent and short-circuit protection
- Over-temperature/thermal protection
- General purpose POLs
- Industrial, instrumentation and medical equipment
- Telecom and networking equipment
- Game consoles