The ISL6406EVAL3, ISL6406EVAL2 and ISL6406EVAL1 evaluation boards highlight the operation of the ISL6406 adjustable frequency, synchronous buck switching regulator in an embedded application. Each evaluation board is shipped “ready to use” right from the box. The board accepts a 3.3V input from a standard power supply. The output can be exercised through the use of an external load. Additionally, there are posts available on the board for introducing power to the board and for drawing current from the regulated output. Two probe points are also available, which provide kelvin connections to CPVOUT (TP1) and CT1 (P6).
- Operates from a 3.3V/5V input
- 0.8V to VIN output range
- Simple single-loop control design
- Fast transient response
- Lossless, programmable overcurrent protection
- Programmable switching frequency 100kHz to 700kHz
- External frequency synchronization
- Internal soft-start
- 3V/5V DC/DC converter modules
- Distributed DC/DC 3.3V, 2.5V and 1.8V power architectures for DSP, logic and memory
- Power supplies for microprocessors
- Embedded controllers
- Memory supplies
- Personal computer peripherals
Disclaimer: THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (collectively, “Renesas”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. Renesas provides evaluation platforms and design proposals to help our customers to develop products. However, factors beyond Renesas' control, including without limitation, component variations, temperature changes and PCB layout, could significantly affect the product performance. It is the user’s responsibility to verify the actual circuit performance.