The ISL6308AEVAL1Z evaluation board is used to evaluate the ISL6308A 3-phase PWM controller and embodies an 85A to 90A regulator solution targeted at supplying power to the designated load. The physical board design is optimized for 3-phase operation and ships out configured to provide one of the following four output voltages (0.6V, 0.9V, 1.2V, and 1.5V) depending on choice of the REF1, REF0 combination set by DIP switch U2, but can be easily modified to provide any output voltage values in the range of 0.6V to 2.3V by means of resistor divider composed of R90 and R81.
- DIP switch for DAC (REF) voltage selection from four possible values (0.6V, 0.9V, 1.2V, and 1.5V)
- Footprint for a resistor divider for output voltage adjustment up to 2.3V
- On-board transient load generator to facilitate the evaluation process
- On-board LED is present to indicate the status of the PGOOD signal
- Configured for down conversion from 5V to 12V to the REF setting
- High current DDR/chipset core voltage regulators
- High current, low voltage DC/DC converters
- High current, low voltage FPGA/ASIC DC/DC converters
Disclaimer: THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (collectively, “Renesas”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. Renesas provides evaluation platforms and design proposals to help our customers to develop products. However, factors beyond Renesas' control, including without limitation, component variations, temperature changes and PCB layout, could significantly affect the product performance. It is the user’s responsibility to verify the actual circuit performance.