The ISL6251EVAL1Z (QSOP) and ISL6251EVAL2Z (QFN) evaluations boards demonstrate the performance of the ISL6251 low cost multi-chemistry battery charger controller.
The ISL6251 is a highly integrated battery charger controller for Li-Ion/Li-Ion polymer batteries and NiMH batteries. High Efficiency is achieved by a synchronous buck topology and the use of a MOSFET, instead of a diode, for selecting power from the adapter or battery. The low side MOSFET emulates a diode at light loads to improve the light load efficiency and prevent system bus boosting.
- ±0.5% Charge Voltage Accuracy (-10°C to +100°C)
- ±3% Accurate Input Current Limit
- ±3% Accurate Battery Charge Current Limit
- ±25% Accurate Battery Trickle Charge Current Limit (ISL6251A)
- Programmable Charge Current Limit, Adapter Current Limit and Charge Voltage
- Fixed 300kHz PWM Synchronous Buck Controller with Diode Emulation at Light Load
- Output for Current Drawn from AC Adapter
- AC Adapter Present Indicator
- Fast Input Current Limit Response
- Input Voltage Range 7V to 25V
- Support 2, 3 and 4 Cells Battery Pack
- Up to 17.64V Battery-Voltage Set Point
- Thermal Shutdown
- Support Pulse Charging
- Less than 10µA Battery Leakage Current
- Charge Any Battery Chemistry: Li-Ion, NiCd, NiMH, etc.
- Pb-Free Plus Anneal Available (RoHS Compliant)
- Notebook, Desknote and Sub-notebook Computers
- Personal Digital Assistant