The ISL6251EVAL1Z QSOP evaluations board is used to demonstrate the performance of the ISL6251 low cost multi-chemistry battery charger controller.
The ISL6251 is a highly integrated battery charger controller for Li-ion, Li-ion polymer and NiMH batteries. High efficiency is achieved by a synchronous buck topology and the use of a MOSFET, instead of a diode, for selecting power from the adapter or battery. The low-side MOSFET emulates a diode at light loads to improve the light load efficiency and prevent system bus boosting.
- ±0.5% charge voltage accuracy (-10 °C to +100 °C)
- ±3% accurate input current limit
- ±3% accurate battery charge current limit
- ±25% accurate battery trickle charge current limit (ISL6251A)
- Programmable charge current limit, adapter current limit and charge voltage
- Fixed 300kHz PWM synchronous buck controller with diode emulation at light load
- Output for current drawn from AC adapter
- AC adapter present indicator
- Fast input current limit response
- Input voltage range 7V to 25V
- Support 2, 3 and 4-cell battery packs
- Up to 17.64V battery voltage set point
- Thermal shutdown
- Support pulse charging
- Less than 10µA battery leakage current
- Charge any battery chemistry: Li-ion, NiCd, NiMH, etc.
- Pb-free plus anneal available (RoHS compliant)
- Notebook, desknote and sub-notebook computers
- Personal digital assistant
Disclaimer: THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (collectively, “Renesas”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. Renesas provides evaluation platforms and design proposals to help our customers to develop products. However, factors beyond Renesas' control, including without limitation, component variations, temperature changes and PCB layout, could significantly affect the product performance. It is the user’s responsibility to verify the actual circuit performance.