The ISL54406EVAL1Z evaluation board is designed to provide a quick and easy method for evaluating the ISL54406 Click and Pop Eliminator IC. The ISL54406 µTQFN IC is set in a socket on the evaluation board. It is located in the center of the board and is designated as U1.
The ISL54406 IC is a dual SPST analog switch that has four modes of operation: Audio, Mute, Click and Pop, and Shutdown (SHDN) mode. The evaluation board contains standard RCA/BNC connectors and a single headphone jack to allow the user to easily interface with the IC to evaluate its functions, features, and performance in the four modes of operation. The evaluation board has selectable output loads of 20kΩ and 32Ω resistors to simulate an audio amplifier pre-amp or stereo headphones. The board also has DC blocking capacitors at the switch input to remove the DC bias of single supply amplifiers.
- Selectable Output Resistive Loads and Input DC Blocking Capacitors
- RCA Audio Input/Output Jacks, Stereo Headphone Output Jack and BNC Connectors
- Convenient Test Points and Connections for Test Equipment
- Click and Pop Elimination Circuitry
- High Off-Isolation Audio Muting
- Consumer Entertainment Systems
- MP3 and other Personal Media Players
- Cellular/Mobile Phones
- Audio Switching and Muting