The ISL91211AIK is a 4-phase, three output programmable Power Management IC (PMIC) and the ISL91211BIK is a 4-phase, four output programmable PMIC. Optimized with highly efficient synchronous buck converters for multiphase and single-phase operations, these converters deliver up to 5A per phase maximum output current. Featuring four buck controllers that can reconfigure their power stages to the controllers, both PMICs offer flexibility and allow seamless, design-in for a wide range of applications that need high output power and a small solution size.
ISL91211AIK and ISL91211BIK integrate low ON-resistance MOSFETs at 2MHz switching frequency, allowing smaller external inductors and capacitors to be used. With automatic Diode Emulation and Pulse Skipping modes under light-load conditions, this feature improves efficiency and maximizes battery life. The ISL91211AIK and ISL91211BIK deliver a highly robust power solution through a controller based on the Renesas proprietary Rapid Robust Ripple Regulator (R5) technology, offering tight output accuracy and load regulation, ultra-fast transient response, seamless DCM/CCM transitions, and no required external compensation.
In addition to the standard interrupt, chip enable, and watchdog reset functions, the ISL91211AIK and ISL91211BIK also feature four MPIOs and three GPIOs that supports SPI, I2C communication protocol, and various other pin mode functions.
- Triple output 2+1+1 phases
- 2.7V to 5.5V supply voltage
- 5A per phase peak current capability
- Small solution size (for four phase design)
- High efficiency (92.2%, L = 220nH for 3.8VIN/1.8VOUT)
- Low IQ in low power mode
- Proprietary control scheme reduces output capacitor and supports fast load transient (such as >50A/µs per phase)
- ±0.7% system accuracy, remote voltage sensing
- I2C programmable output from 0.3V to 2V
- Independent Dynamic Voltage Scaling (DVS) for each output
- Soft-start and fault detection (UV, OV, OC, OT), short-circuit protection
- 4.70mm x 6.30mm 35 ball BGA with 0.8mm pitch
- Industrial controls and FPGAs
- Computing servers and systems
- Home gateways and appliances