The ISL80111, ISL80112, and ISL80113 are ultra low dropout LDOs providing the optimum balance between performance, size and power consumption in size constrained designs for data communication, computing, storage and medical applications. These LDOs are specified for 1A, 2A, and 3A of output current and are optimized for low voltage conversions. Operating with a VIN of 0.7V to 3.6V and with a legacy 2.9V to 5.5V on the BIAS, the VOUT is adjustable from 0.5V to 3.3V. With a VIN PSRR greater than 40dB at 100kHz makes these LDOs an ideal choice in noise sensitive applications. The guaranteed ±1.6% VOUT accuracy overall conditions lend these parts to supplying an accurate voltage to the latest low voltage digital ICs.
An enable input allows the part to be placed into a low quiescent current shutdown mode. A submicron CMOS process is utilized for this product family to deliver best-in-class analog performance and overall value for applications in need of input voltage conversions typically below 2.5V. It also has the superior load transient regulation unique to a NMOS power stage. These LDOs consume significantly lower quiescent current as a function of load compared to bipolar LDOs.
- Ultra low dropout: 75mV at 3A, (typical)
- Excellent VIN PSRR: 70dB at 1kHz (typical)
- ±1.6% assured VOUT accuracy for -40ºC < TJ < +125ºC
- Very fast load transient response
- Extensive protection and reporting features
- VIN range: 0.7V to 3.6V, VOUT range: 0.5V to 3.3V
- Small 10 Ld 3x3 DFN package
- Noise-sensitive instrumentation and medical systems
- Data acquisition and data communication systems
- Storage, telecommunications and server equipment
- Low voltage DSP, FPGA and ASIC core power supplies
- Post-regulation of switched mode power supplies