The ISL80103 is a low voltage, high-current, single output LDO specified for a 3A output current. This LDOs operates from the input voltages of 2.2V to 6V and is capable of providing the output voltages of 0.8V to 5.5V.
An external capacitor on the soft-start pin provides adjustment for applications that demand inrush current less than the current limit. The ENABLE feature allows the part to be placed into a low quiescent current shutdown mode. A submicron BiCMOS process is used for this product family to deliver best-in-class analog performance and overall value.
This CMOS (LDO) consumes significantly lower quiescent current as a function of load over bipolar LDOs, so it is more efficient and allows packages with smaller footprints. The quiescent current has been modestly compromised to enable a leading class fast load transient response, and hence a lower total AC regulation band for an LDO in this category.
- Stable with ceramic capacitors
- 3A output current rating
- 2.2V to 6V input voltage range
- ±1.8% VOUT accuracy assured over line, load, and TJ = -40°C to +125°C
- Very low 120mV dropout voltage at 3A (ISL80103)
- Very fast transient response
- Excellent 62dB PSRR
- 49µVRMS output noise
- Power-good output
- Adjustable inrush current limiting
- Short-circuit and over-temperature protection
- Available in a 10 Ld DFN
- Telecommunications and networking
- Medical equipment
- Instrumentation systems
- Routers and switchers