- 32-bit bus
- Power supply voltage: 3.0-3.6 V
- Maximum operating frequency: 50 MHzExecutes basic instructions in 1state
- 32-bit internal multiplier/ divider
- Internal memory
(Flash 256 KB, RAM 24 KB)
(Flash 512 KB, RAM 40 KB)
(Flash 1024KB, RAM 56 KB)
- Bus controller (BSC)
- DMA controller (DMAC) : 4 ch
- Data transfer controller (DTC)
- I/O ports: 81 input/output ports, 9 input ports
- 16-bit timer pulse unit (TPU) : 12 ch
- Programmable pulse generator (PPG) x 2 units
- 8-bit timers (TMR) : 8 ch
- Watchdog timer (WDT)
- User Break Controller
- New A/D converters (High-speed A/D converters 4 ch x 2 units): 8ch
- D/A converters: 2 ch
- Serial communication interface(SCI) : 7 ch
- Asynchronous/ clocked synchronous
- Smart card I/F : 7 ch
- Hi-speed SCI (720kbps) : 2 ch
- I2C bus: 2 ch
- LVD/POR* *H8SX/1638L group only.
- Boundary scan function supported
- Operating modes: 7 operating modes
- LQFP-120V (FP-120BV)
- Development environment
- Full Emulator (E6000H)*
- On-chip emulator (E10A-USB)
*H8SX/1638 group only.
H8SX/1638L group does not support Full Emulator. However, Full Emulator ofH8SX/1638 group
can be used for functional evaluation except LVD/POR.
Below you will find information to support the development of your application.
Resources for Software and Hardware
|My Renesas||Create a My Renesas account to use our tool download services, receive e-newsletter/update notifications, and take advantage of our other services.|
|e-learning||Information for studying and learning about microcontrollers and microprocessors.|
|FAQ||Frequently asked questions and useful hints for development.|
|Forum||A forum and community site to share technical information, questions and opinions with others who use Renesas products.|
|Video||Watch videos related to this product.|
Hardware Design Support
|IBIS/BSDL||IBIS standard simulation data is required for high-speed board design and can be used to run simulations to examine and troubleshoot issues such as waveform reflection, ringing, and so on, before producing the actual board. BSDL is a data input format supported by most IEEE 1149.1 (JTAG)-compliant tools. The automatic test pattern generation (ATPG) and automatic test equipment functions of these tools facilitate testing.|
The information contained herein has been provided by a member of Renesas Partners. This information is provided on the Renesas website provided for convenience and informational purposes only. Renesas is not responsible for the contents of this page or any changes or updates to the information posted on this page. Certain links provided herein permit you to leave this site and enter non-Renesas sites. These linked sites are not under control of Renesas. Renesas is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any changes or updates to such sites. These links are provided for convenience and informational purposes only. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Renesas of any linked site.
Renesas's Publication of information regarding third-party products or services does not constitute an endorsement regarding the suitability of such products or services or a warranty, representation or endorsement of such products or services either alone or in combination with any of Renesas's product or service.