The ISL15102A is a single port differential line driver developed for Power Line Communication (PLC) applications. The device is designed to drive heavy line loads while maintaining a high level of linearity required in Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing (OFDM) PLC modem links.
The ISL15102A has a disable control pin (DIS). In Disable mode, the line driver goes into Low Power mode and the outputs maintain a high impedance in the presence of high receive signal amplitude, improving TDM receive signal integrity. The ISL15102A has built-in thermal protection. When the internal temperature reaches +150°C (typical) the driver shuts down to prevent damage to the device. An internal input CM buffer maximizes the dynamic range and reduces the number of external components in the application circuit. The ISL15102A is supplied in a thermally-enhanced small footprint (4mmx5mm) 24 Ld QFN package.
The ISL15102A is specified for operation across the -40°C to +85°C ambient temperature range.
- Single differential driver
- Internal VCM without external filter capacitor
- 90MHz signal bandwidth
- 900V/μs slew rate
- Single +8V to +28V supply, absolute maximum 30V
- Supports narrowband and broadband DMT PLC
- -86dB THD at 200kHz into 50Ω line load
- -70dB THD at 3MHz into 50Ω line load
- Control pin for enable/disable for TDM operation
- Thermal shutdown