Renesas Electronics is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Renesas Electronics Commitment To Website Accessibility
As a worldwide leader in semi-conductor technology, Renesas is committed to making its website as accessible as possible. The site is tested for accessibility on a regular basis and is in the process of expanding and remediating components with a focus on WCAG compliance and genuine usability.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Renesas Electronics is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard. There may be third-party elements contained within this site which do not meet the WCAG 2.1 guidelines.
Contact Us If You Have Problems Using This Site
Renesas is always looking to improve the accessibility of its website. If a user has specific questions or concerns about the accessibility of any page on www.renesas.com, or wants to report an issue related to accessibility, please contact us via one of the methods listed below and we’ll happily work with you to achieve a reasonable accommodation.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Phone: Tel: 408-284-8200
We try to respond to feedback within 2 business days .
To help Renesas understand the problem, please include:
- the web address or title of the page where you found a problem
- the accessibility problem
- the computer, browser and additional software being used
Measures to support accessibility
Renesas Electronics takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of Renesas Electronics:
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Integrate accessibility into our procurement practices.
- Appoint an accessibility officer and/or ombudsperson.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Assign clear accessibility goals and responsibilities.
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of Renesas Electronics , there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for Renesas Electronics:
- Technical diagrams for products : Uploaded images may not have adequate text alternatives because It's highly difficult to create technical alternative text in a way that a screen reader can understand. We're undergoing efforts to add other forms of alt text (i.e. LongDesc) where applicable, and pairing structured supporting descriptive text above/below images to aid in descriptions. Please contact us to get a thorough written description or speak to an expert if needed.
Renesas Electronics assessed the accessibility of Renesas Electronics by the following approaches:
- External evaluation