26 Mar 2020
TOKYO, Japan – Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE:6723), a premier supplier of advanced semiconductor solutions, today announced the effects on Renesas Group’s production sites from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic as of March 26, 2020.
1. Renesas Group’s production sites in Malaysia
Due to the Movement Control Order announced by the Malaysian government, Renesas Group’s three production sites located in Malaysia temporarily halted productions from March 18, 2020. The status of each of the sites are listed below:
- Renesas Semiconductor (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd.
- Partially resumed operation from March 21, 2020, and following the Malaysian governments’ instructions, as of March 26, the site is running at a limited capacity.
- Renesas Semiconductor KL Sdn. Bhd.
- Partially resumed operation from March 26, 2020, and following the Malaysian governments’ instructions, the site is running at a limited capacity.
- Integrated Device Technology Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. (Note)
- Partially resumed operation from March 19, 2020, and following the Malaysian governments’ instructions, as of March 26, 2020, the site is running at a limited capacity.
- (Note) As of April 1, 2020, Integrated Device Technology Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. Will change its name to Renesas Electronics (Penang) Sdn. Bhd.
2. Renesas Group’s production sites in China
Although the below Renesas Group’s two production sites in China temporarily halted operations, production partially resumed from February 10, 2020, and as of March 26, 2020, are under normal operation.
- Renesas Semiconductor (Beijing) Co., Ltd.
- Renesas Semiconductor (Suzhou) Co., Ltd.
Although impacts from the production halt from the above mentioned Renesas’ Malaysian production sites will be additionally incorporated into Renesas Group’s consolidated forecasts for the three months ending March 31, 2020 announced on February 12, 2020, there are no revisions at this current time.
In closing, we would like to express best wishes for a speedy recovery to those who have been impacted by the COVID-19.
The statements in this press release with respect to the plans, strategies and financial outlook of Renesas and its consolidated subsidiaries (collectively “we”) are forward-looking statements involving risks and uncertainties. Such forward-looking statements do not represent any guarantee by management of future performance. In many cases, but not all, we use such words as “aim,” “anticipate,” “believe,” “continue,” “endeavor,” “estimate,” “expect,” “initiative,” “intend,” “may,” “plan,” “potential,” “probability,” “project,” “risk,” “seek,” “should,” “strive,” “target,” “will” and similar expressions to identify forward-looking statements. You can also identify forward-looking statements by discussions of strategy, plans or intentions. These statements discuss future expectations, identify strategies, contain projections of our results of operations or financial condition, or state other forward-looking information based on our current expectations, assumptions, estimates and projections about our business and industry, our future business strategies and the environment in which we will operate in the future. Known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors could cause our actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from those contained or implied in any forward-looking statement, including, but not limited to, general economic conditions in our markets, which are primarily Japan, North America, Asia, and Europe; demand for, and competitive pricing pressure on, products and services in the marketplace; ability to continue to win acceptance of products and services in these highly competitive markets; and fluctuations in currency exchange rates, particularly between the yen and the U.S. dollar. Among other factors, downturn of the world economy; deteriorating financial conditions in world markets, or deterioration in domestic and overseas stock markets, may cause actual results to differ from the projected results forecast.
This press release is based on the economic, regulatory, market and other conditions as in effect on the date hereof. It should be understood that subsequent developments may affect the information contained in this presentation, which neither we nor our advisors or representatives are under an obligation to update, revise or affirm.
(Remarks) All registered trademarks or trademarks are the property of their respective owners.