The 89HP0508P Repeater Evaluation Bboard is designed to enable quick in-system testing of Renesas’s 8-channel, 5Gbps, PCIe 2.1 Repeater IC product.
This board features a full 16-lane connection from the host through the Repeaters to an end-point device installed in the PCIe slot. There is a USB to I2C bridge circuit which allows convenient connection to a PC for accessing the Repeaters via Renesas’s Repeater Configuration Utility (GUI). An I2C connection is also provided to give the same control capability when using an external USB to I2C adapter and Renesas’s Repeater GUI. The receiver, transmitter, and other device configuration parameters can be adjusted to provide optimum operating margins by using the GUI.
The 89KTP0508P Repeater Evaluation Board is used by inserting it into a desktop PC or server, and then plugging an end point card (SATA, Ethernet, USB3, etc.) into the 16-lane slot on top. Passive trace cards can be used to extend the data signal to emulate a planned system design. Note that the resulting card stack will require an open chassis test environment.
- Contains four 89HP0508P PCIe2 Repeaters that compensate for PCB trace attenuation and ISI jitter
- 16-lane PCIe adapter card with full PCIe protocol support
- Configurable via USB or I2C interfaces using Renesas Windows GUI
- EEPROM supports automatic download of configuration data to all four 89HP0508P Repeaters
- Enables individual channel configurations of ten parameters including: receiver equalization and threshold voltage, transmit swing and de-emphasis, slew rate, etc.
- LEDs indicate active lanes
- Switches allow disabling individual lanes
- Multiple power connection options
- Card format: 7.5” x 4.75”, non-standard size
- Use requires an open chassis
- Works with passive trace cards to extend FR4 traces