Factories and production facilities today are becoming more advanced in order to improve productivity and safety. These advances are based on converting to open or Ethernet network communication.
Several technical requirements demanded of equipment used at factories are:
- Support for an open network communications protocol PROFINET, EtherCAT, Modbus and OPC UA
- High-speed real-time performance and low power consumption to achieve high productivity EtherCAT, PROFINET IRT, and future TSN
- Support for functional safety to realize safely operating equipment
Industrial equipment vendors need to develop equipment that satisfies these requirements, and users need to implement and use this equipment. Renesas provide ICs for Industrial Ethernet to easy to realize these functions.
Browse block diagrams for industrial network applications to see how our devices could be used in your next project.
Seamless real-time communication is the core prerequisite for all Industry 4.0/IIoT implementations. Renesas offers best in class communication components for all leading industrial communication protocols such as PROFINET, EtherNet/IP, EtherCAT, Modbus, IO-Link and more. All of these silicon solutions come with comprehensive software support.
* Also OPC-UA and TSN information are described here.
News & Articles
- Renesas Electronics Launches RX72M Group of Microcontrollers with EtherCAT® Support for Industrial Applications
- Renesas Electronics Accelerates Industrial Networking Application Development with RZ/N Series of Microprocessors
- Renesas Electronics Europe Announces Extension of the Software Environment for TPS-1 PROFINET IRT Device Chip
Solution Brochure and Catalog