This product is a real-time operating system (real-time OS) that is an implementation of the μITRON4.0 specification. μITRON is the predominant real-time OS for embedded systems in Japan. Its low resource requirements, outstanding real-time performance, and broad range of service calls make it very suitable for embedded systems requiring true real-time and multi-tasking capabilities.
In addition, its high degree of compatibility with the compiler package from Renesas Electronics and multitasking debugging on the IDE will help you greatly reduce development times and get your products to market more quickly.
The H8SX family supports interrupt control mode 2.0 and CPU operating mode supports advanced mode. The H8S family supports interrupt control mode 126.96.36.199 and CPU operation mode supports advanced mode and normal mode.
- Conformance with the µITRON4.0 Specification
The design conforms with the µITRON4.0 Specification, which prescribes a representative OS architecture for embedded control.
- Real-time performance
Task switching time is 7.4μsec, which is even faster than the previous product. Time it takes a target task to be activated after a wup_tsk is issued. (H8SX/1650@35MHz, when on-chip memory is used) [Learn More]
- Superb functionality
Supports more than 70 service calls.They support various applications.[Learn More]
- Equipped with the configurator
The configurator is equipped which makes the setup of OS construction parameters easier.[Learn More]
- Supports the multi-task functionality in High-performance Embedded Workshop
The Debugging Extension is an optional software which supports the following functions:[Learn More]：
- Displaying the states of OS control objects such as tasks, semaphores, etc.
- Issues the service calls for task activation and event flag setting etc.
- Graphically-displayed service call history
- Cooperation with 3rd parties
We provide various solutions to deliver great environments for debugger/application software development, distribution of middleware, customization, and hardware platform etc. in conjunction with our partner vendors.
- Target CPU: H8S Family, H8SX Family, AE-5 Series smart card MCU
- Supported compiler: C/C++ Compiler Package for H8SX, H8S, H8 Family
- Learn More