Ensure consistent and timely intake of medicine by patients with the Smart Medicine Box featuring the Renesas RL78/G13 low power general-purpose microcontroller and ISL9120 low power buck-boost regulator.
The Smart Medicine Box is designed to ensure consistent medicine intake by patients. Using a dedicated smartphone app, users can setup their phones to display reminders, manage their personal medication status, and much more.
This reference design features the embedded RL78/G13 MCU which communicates with a Wi-Fi module via UART. The real-time clock (RTC) count value can be calibrated and the alarm time set or cleared from the Renesas IoT Sandbox via MQTT. Alarm time data is stored in the data flash.
The ISL9120 high efficiency buck-boost switching regulator further enhances power control efficiency.
- Demo board uses an RL78/G13 MCU, a WeMos ESP8266 module (Wi-Fi module) and a mobile application
- Enables users to record pill taking activities
- Generates a notification sound and displays a bright light in certain pill boxes, so that the patient will know the specific number of boxes from which they should take out medicine
- The system can determine if the patient has taken pills out of the box via a recording key
- Transmits a record of pills taken back to a mobile application
- Users can set a notification time according to a message from the mobile application
- Wi-Fi module allows the system to link to the Renesas IoT Sandbox
- Includes a low battery voltage alert
- Displays real-time data on a 4-digit 7-segment LED
Disclaimer: THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (collectively, “Renesas”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. Renesas provides evaluation platforms and design proposals to help our customers to develop products. However, factors beyond Renesas' control, including without limitation, component variations, temperature changes and PCB layout, could significantly affect the product performance. It is the user’s responsibility to verify the actual circuit performance.