RPB (Renesas Promotion Board) with RL78/G11 MCU is a small board ideal for prototyping/evaluation.
We packed the E2 emulator Lite debugger/programmer function, the step-up DC/DC converter, and
the RL78/G11 MCU (25 pin LGA package) into a small board of 57 mm x 10 mm size.
In addition, another RL78/G11 MCU board is included (24-pin QFN package).
- Onboard debugger
- On-board debugger/programmer (E2 emulator Lite), you can start prototyping/development immediately.
- Operation with one battery
- Using the power board (generating input voltage= 0.7V to 3.3V), you can move the microcomputer board even with one AA battery.
- Ultra compact, ideal for trial/development
- Microcontroller board with RL78/G11 is ultra small size of 15 mm × 10 mm, ideal for incorporation into prototype. We devised ingenuity that can be used with breadboard and conductive ink pen.
- Please ensure that the DIP switches are set as indicated
- Demonstration code has been preloaded onto the board. Plug the micro USB cable into the micro USB socket on the E2OB board, and the other end into a USB socket on your PC. The board will power up.
- The green User LED should flash at around 5 times per second. Press the user switch: The LED should flash at twice the rate.
- In Windows Device Manager, expand the ‘Ports (COM & LPT)’ section to identify the COM port number assigned to the board. Note that WindowsTM 7/8 users will need to install a Virtual Communications Port Device Driver here. Please refer to section 7 of the Application Note (R01AN3918EG) for full instructions.
- Open a serial terminal program to connect to the board’s console output. Recent versions of Windows do not include a serial terminal program. Renesas cannot provide any recommendations; however, we have tested PuTTY, and Tera Term with this product. Other terminal programs are available.
- Run a serial console configured for 9600 baud, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit and no parity.
- Enter the command ‘LED x’ to set the LED flashing rate, where x is an integer between 1 and 200 and represents the number of 50ms intervals between LED state changes (so ‘LED 10’ will flash the LED at 1Hz). The console should display ‘OK’ and the LED flash rate should change accordingly. For any given rate, pressing the switch should cause the LED flash rate to double.
Code Generator (Applilet EZ PL for RL78)
"Applilet EZ PL for RL78" is a software that makes it easy to create microcontroller application program with puzzle sense without using programming language.
Users without software development experience can easily generate microcomputer application programs by GUI operation on the PC.
Also, a project file for the integrated development environment is generated.
Information supporting development tools
|My Renesas||Create a My Renesas account to use our tool download services,receive e-newsletter/update notifications, and take advantage of our other services.|
|e-learning||Information for studying and learning about microcontrollers and microprocessors.|
|FAQ||Frequently asked questions and useful hints for development.|
|Forum||A forum and community site to share technical information,
questions and opinions with others who use Renesas MCU's.
|Tool News||Tool release information and other important information.|
|Operating Environment||Information on system requirements and operating environment for the latest version of tools.|
|Tool Environmental Information||Information on RoHS compliance of tools.|
|Info on Discontinued Products||A list of Renesas software and tools that have been discontinued and are no longer being offered for new projects.|