ISL6420BEVAL1Z (20 Ld QFN) and the ISL6420BEVAL2Z (20 Ld QSSOP) boards evaluate the ISL6420B advanced single synchronous buck PWM controller. They are configured for an output voltage of 3.3V and 10A maximum load.
The ISL6420B simplifies the implementation of a complete control and protection scheme for a high performance DC/DC buck converter. The IC can be operated with an input voltage range from 4.5V to 5.5V or 5.5V to 28V. It is designed to drive N-channel MOSFETs in a synchronous rectified buck topology. The control, output adjustment, monitoring and protection functions are all located in a single package.
- Operates From: 4.5V to 5.5V Input, 5.5V to 28V Input
- 0.6V Internal Reference Voltage: ±2.0% Reference Accuracy:
- Resistor-Selectable Switching Frequency: 100kHz to 1.4MHz
- Voltage Margining and External Reference Tracking Modes
- Output can Sink or Source Current
- Lossless, Programmable Overcurrent Protection: Uses Upper MOSFET's rDS(ON)
- Programmable Soft-Start
- Drives N-Channel MOSFETs
- Simple Single-Loop Control Design: Voltage-Mode PWM Control
- Fast Transient Response: High-Bandwidth Error Amplifier, Full 0% to 100% Duty Cycle
- Extensive Circuit Protection Functions: PGOOD, Overvoltage, Overcurrent, Shutdown
- Diode Emulation during Startup for Pre-Biased Load Applications
- Power Supplies for Microprocessors/ASICs
- Embedded Controllers
- DSP and Core Processors
- DDR SDRAM Bus Termination
- Ethernet Routers and Switchers
- High-Power DC/DC Regulators
- Distributed DC/DC Power Architecture
- Personal Computer Peripherals
- Externally Referenced Buck Converters
|Tools Orderable Part Number (s)||Production Status||Manufacturer||Suggested Single Tool Price||
|Description||Distributor Stock||Distributors||Distributor Purchase|
Note :Distributor Prices may vary from the stated budgetary price. The pricing and availability information on this site is based on information provided by Renesas’ authorized distributors and is subject to change without notice. By selecting a distributor from this page, you will be redirected from the Renesas site to the distributor’s website to complete a purchase. The distributors are independent from Renesas and maintain their own terms and conditions of sale. Renesas disclaims all representations and warranties, express and implied, with respect to transactions between distributors and their end customers.
Disclaimer: THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (collectively, “Renesas”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. Renesas provides evaluation platforms and design proposals to help our customers to develop products. However, factors beyond Renesas' control, including without limitation, component variations, temperature changes and PCB layout, could significantly affect the product performance. It is the user’s responsibility to verify the actual circuit performance.