Usage Conditions for the Renesas Electronics Web Site
Persons using the Renesas Electronics Web site (referred to as "Visitors") are deemed to have agreed to the usage conditions detailed below. Such usage conditions, however, are subject to change without any prior notice, so Visitors are urged to refer to the latest version.
The Renesas Electronics Web site contains sections administered by various departments within the company as well as links to external Web sites administered by affiliated companies. Note that such sections and Web sites may be subject to their own usage conditions, which are specified therein.
Protection of Intellectual Property Rights
Information, including text, charts, images, photographs and video(collectively referred to as "Content") presented on the Renesas Electronics Web site and referring to products, services, or technologies is protected under copyright law and other treaties and statutes.
Visitors may use the Content for personal use. The explicit consent of Renesas Electronics is required for use exceeding this scope (including reproduction, modification, transmission, distribution and transfer).
Except as stated above, Renesas Electronics grants Visitors no copyrights, patent rights, trademark rights, or other intellectual property rights relating to Content.
In cases where specific usage conditions are indicated for individual Content items, those conditions take precedence.
Trade names, trademarks and emblems of Renesas Electronics or of third parties used on the Renesas Electronics Web site are protected under the Trademarks Law, the Unfair Competition Prevention Law and other statutes. They may not be used without the explicit consent of their rightful owners.
Renesas Electronics and its affiliates do not make any warranty of accuracy, usefulness, certainty or any other kind, relating to the contents and any other information on this website (hereinafter "Contents").
In no event shall Renesas Electronics and its affiliates be liable for any loss, expense or damage arising out of or in connection with the use of or reliance upon the Contents.
Renesas Electronics or its affiliates may suspend or stop operating this website without any notice. Renesas Electronics or its affiliates may change and/or alter the Contents, or may suspend or discontinue the services provided through this website at any time without any notice. Renesas Electronics and its affiliates shall not be held liable for any damages arising out of any suspension or stop of operating this website, or change, alteration, suspension or discontinuance of the Contents.
Visitors are prohibited from engaging in the following actions
- Actions that infringe on the property, rights, or privacy of Renesas Electronics or a third party, or that pose a threat of such infringement.
- Actions intended to slander, libel, or intimidate Renesas Electronics or a third party.
- Actions bringing disadvantage or damage to Renesas Electronics or a third party, or that pose a threat of doing so.
- Actions injurious to the reputation or good name of Renesas Electronics or a third party.
- Actions considered contrary to prevailing social standards, or that pose a threat of being so.
- Actions involving use of the Web site for sales activities or other profit-making purposes.
- Actions in violation of laws or regulations, or that pose a threat of such violation.
- Actions involving the use or provision of harmful programs such as computer viruses, or that pose a threat of such use or provision.
- Actions involving false registration, declaration, or notification.
- Actions that interfere with the operation of the Renesas Electronics Web site, such as unlawfully tampering with the Web site Contents, interfering with server communication, or embedding unauthorized data into the Web site.
- Any other actions judged inappropriate by Renesas Electronics
International Availability of Products and Services
Information provided on the Renesas Electronics Web site applies to products and services available in Japan. These products and services may only be purchased, obtained and used by persons residing in Japan. In cases where availability in specific countries or regions is indicated for individual products or services, those indications take precedence.
Information Provided by Visitors
Renesas Electronics requests that Visitors to the Renesas Electronics Web site refrain from providing confidential information about themselves or proposals such as ideas for new products, services, or technologies.
Notification is hereby given that Renesas Electronics assumes that Visitors agree to the following with regard to the handling of information or proposals received via the Renesas Electronics Web site:
- Renesas Electronics assumes no obligation to protect the confidentiality of information or proposals provided by Visitors to the Renesas Electronics Web site.
- Renesas Electronics assumes no obligation to study, evaluate, or use information or proposals provided by Visitors to the Renesas Electronics Web site.
- Renesas Electronics assumes no responsibility to provide compensation or payment for information or proposals provided by Visitors to the Web site, even if Renesas Electronics uses such information or proposals, in whole or in part, or similar information or proposals.
Trade names, trademarks, marks, and emblems of Renesas Electronics, affiliated companies, and other companies that are used on the Renesas website are protected by the Trademark Act, the Unfair Competition Prevention Act and other statutes. Usage of any of these items without express consent from Renesas Electronics or their rightful owners is prohibited.
Applicable Laws and Court Jurisdiction
Japanese law applies to the Renesas Electronics Web site and the Web site usage conditions. In the event of any dispute regarding the Renesas Electronics Web site or the Web site usage conditions may arise, the court of first instance having exclusive jurisdiction shall be the Tokyo District Court.
This is an all-encompassing notice for technical documents.
This content of this page takes precedence over the "Notice" appearing in previously issued documents.
- Descriptions of circuits, software and other related information in this document are provided only to illustrate the operation of semiconductor products and application examples. You are fully responsible for the incorporation or any other use of the circuits, software, and information in the design of your product or system. Renesas Electronics disclaims any and all liability for any losses and damages incurred by you or third parties arising from the use of these circuits, software, or information.
- Renesas Electronics hereby expressly disclaims any warranties against and liability for infringement or any other claims involving patents, copyrights, or other intellectual property rights of third parties, by or arising from the use of Renesas Electronics products or technical information described in this document, including but not limited to, the product data, drawings, charts, programs, algorithms, and application examples.
- No license, express, implied or otherwise, is granted hereby under any patents, copyrights or other intellectual property rights of Renesas Electronics or others.
- You shall not alter, modify, copy, or reverse engineer any Renesas Electronics product, whether in whole or in part. Renesas Electronics disclaims any and all liability for any losses or damages incurred by you or third parties arising from such alteration, modification, copying or reverse engineering.
- Renesas Electronics products are classified according to the following two quality grades: "Standard" and "High Quality". The intended applications for each Renesas Electronics product depends on the product's quality grade, as indicated below.
- "Standard": Computers; office equipment; communications equipment; test and measurement equipment; audio and visual equipment; home electronic appliances; machine tools; personal electronic equipment; industrial robots; etc.
- "High Quality": Transportation equipment (automobiles, trains, ships, etc.); traffic control (traffic lights); large-scale communication equipment; key financial terminal systems; safety control equipment; etc.
- When using Renesas Electronics products, refer to the latest product information (data sheets, user's manuals, application notes, "General Notes for Handling and Using Semiconductor Devices" in the reliability handbook, etc.), and ensure that usage conditions are within the ranges specified by Renesas Electronics with respect to maximum ratings, operating power supply voltage range, heat radiation characteristics, installation, etc. Renesas Electronics disclaims any and all liability for any malfunctions, failure or accident arising out of the use of Renesas Electronics products outside of such specified ranges.
- Although Renesas Electronics endeavors to improve the quality and reliability of Renesas Electronics products, semiconductor products have specific characteristics, such as the occurrence of failure at a certain rate and malfunctions under certain use conditions. Unless designated as a high reliability product or a product for harsh environments in a Renesas Electronics data sheet or other Renesas Electronics document, Renesas Electronics products are not subject to radiation resistance design. You are responsible for implementing safety measures to guard against the possibility of bodily injury, injury or damage caused by fire, and/or danger to the public in the event of a failure or malfunction of Renesas Electronics products, such as safety design for hardware and software, including but not limited to redundancy, fire control and malfunction prevention, appropriate treatment for aging degradation or any other appropriate measures. Because the evaluation of microcomputer software alone is very difficult and impractical, you are responsible for evaluating the safety of the final products or systems manufactured by you.
- Please contact a Renesas Electronics sales office for details as to environmental matters such as the environmental compatibility of each Renesas Electronics product. You are responsible for carefully and sufficiently investigating applicable laws and regulations that regulate the inclusion or use of controlled substances, including without limitation, the EU RoHS Directive, and using Renesas Electronics products in compliance with all these applicable laws and regulations. Renesas Electronics disclaims any and all liability for damages or losses occurring as a result of your noncompliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Renesas Electronics products and technologies shall not be used for or incorporated into any products or systems whose manufacture, use, or sale is prohibited under any applicable domestic or foreign laws or regulations. You shall comply with any applicable export control laws and regulations promulgated and administered by the governments of any countries asserting jurisdiction over the parties or transactions.
- It is the responsibility of the buyer or distributor of Renesas Electronics products, or any other party who distributes, disposes of, or otherwise sells or transfers the product to a third party, to notify such third party in advance of the contents and conditions set forth in this document.
- This document shall not be reprinted, reproduced or duplicated in any form, in whole or in part, without prior written consent of Renesas Electronics.
- Please contact a Renesas Electronics sales office if you have any questions regarding the information contained in this document or Renesas Electronics products.
- (Note 1) "Renesas Electronics" as used in this document means Renesas Electronics Corporation and also includes its directly or indirectly controlled subsidiaries.
- (Note 2) "Renesas Electronics product(s)" means any product developed or manufactured by or for Renesas Electronics.