16 Apr 2016
Tokyo, Japan, April 16, 2016 — Renesas Electronics Corporation expresses its sincere sympathy and condolences to the victims of the earthquake that hit Kumamoto Prefecture and the surrounding areas in Kyushu.
Renesas established an emergency task force at the headquarter office immediately after the earthquake and has been working to collect and assess information, while also considering necessary actions and recovery measures. In response to the strong quake centered in Kumamoto that occurred on April 16 at 1:25 a.m. followed by the earthquake on April 14, the company today announced an update on the impact of the earthquake on Renesas Group (“the Group”) business operation.
[Status of the Group’s offices/factories]
- Renesas Semiconductor Manufacturing Co., Ltd., Kawashiri Factory (Kumamoto city, Kumamoto)
- Terminated the operation immediately after the earthquake. A decision on schedule for the resumption of operation will be made based on factors including the state of the facility.
- Currently confirming the safety of all employees.
- Assessment of the manufacturing equipment damage will still require some time due to the intermittent aftershocks. The Group intends to add details of the impact as soon as definite information is available.
- The Group’s all other manufacturing sites located in Kumamoto Prefecture and the surrounding areas (Nishiki Factory, Oita Factory and Yamaguchi Factory)
- All the factories are maintaining normal operations.
- Impact on Renesas’ overall supply chain including the suppliers and partner companies, etc.
- Continuing the assessment of April 14 and April 16 quakes on the supply chain.
The content in the press release, including, but not limited to, product prices and specifications, is based on the information as of the date indicated on the document, but may be subject to change without prior notice.