Visit Booth #956 for Renesas Product and Technology Demonstrations
01 Nov 2011
SANTA CLARA, Calif., November 1, 2011 — Renesas Electronics America Inc. will showcase its embedded semiconductor technologies at the Medical Design & Manufacturing Conference Minneapolis 2011 (MD&M) (booth #956), November 1-2, at the Minneapolis Convention Center. Demonstrations will highlight several of the company’s microcontroller (MCU)-based solutions, optimized for portable healthcare applications such as devices for blood pressure, blood glucose and heart rate monitoring.
Renesas offers a complete portfolio of components, tools and solutions for its MCU-based solutions, which provide the low-power, connectivity, high-performance and high-integration elements required for current and next-generation portable medical devices. Renesas is an active member of the Continua Health Alliance and ANT+ Alliance, and continues to develop solutions that support these standards, as well as Wi-Fi, USB and Ethernet protocols, which are essential for connectivity in mobile health devices.
Renesas Product and Technology Demonstrations (Booth #956)
- ANT+ Wearable Sensor Solution: Renesas' ANT+ demonstration will pair a low-power RL78 with an ANT+ radio module, showcasing the advantages of this low-power combination for portable healthcare devices. ANT+ is a low-power radio technology that supports simple data exchanges between devices such as heart rate monitors and sport watches, which help users track and manage their fitness and personal health more effectively, and enables them to proactively work on their personal health.
- Continua Demonstration Platform for Renesas V850 MCUs: Renesas' low-power V850 MCUs support the Continua medical software without sacrificing battery life — critical for portable healthcare applications such as blood glucose monitors. Featuring the Lamprey Network HealthLink, which relays the stored data to the Google Health Gadget, the Continua demonstration platform will measure actual MCU power consumption during the execution of application and power modes for a real-world illustration of this low-power, high-reliability healthcare solution.
- Continua Blood Pressure Monitoring with Renesas R8C MCUs: Renesas also will demonstrate its support of the Continua standard with an R8C Continua dongle, which connects to a commercial blood pressure monitor as a simple method to support Continua on an existing medical system.
- Wi-Fi for Renesas RX MCU: Renesas will showcase a quick and easy Wi-Fi connectivity solution designed to help engineers of embedded systems meet the growing demand for Wi-Fi connectivity. Featuring a Renesas RX MCU and a fully certified Wi-Fi module, the demo highlights everything that an engineer would need to begin development to add Wi-Fi to an RX-based design. The Wi-Fi module balances ultra-low power and high performance, as well as future proofing 802.11n connectivity.
- Renesas RX600 Direct-Drive TFT-LCD Solution: Renesas will showcase the processing performance of its RX CPU and the utility of its external DMA controller, demonstrating how graphic information is moved with minimal loading on the RX CPU. Connectivity options for Ethernet, USB and CAN expand the RX CPU’s performance capabilities to easily manage the touchscreen interface of a TFT-LCD panel, and other types of human-machine interface (HMI) applications.
Ranked #1 Supplier Worldwide for Microcontrollers
Renesas Electronics Corporation has again been ranked by Gartner as the number one MCU supplier worldwide based on revenues from shipments in 2010 for 8-, 16- and 32-bit microcontrollers in the March 2011 market share report*. More information about Renesas’ MCU offerings can be found at http://am.renesas.com/prod/mcumpu/. Additional information about Renesas Electronics America’s complete semiconductor lineup can be found at http://am.renesas.com/prod/.
About Renesas Electronics America Inc.
Renesas Electronics America Inc., headquartered in Santa Clara, California, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723), the world's number one supplier of microcontrollers and a premier supplier of advanced semiconductor solutions including microcontrollers, SoC solutions, and a broad range of analog and power devices. In the Americas, Renesas Electronics America markets and sells industrial-type active-matrix LCD modules from NEC LCD Technologies, Ltd., a global leader in innovative display technologies. More information about the products offered by Renesas Electronics America can be found at www.renesas.com.
*Source: Gartner "Market Share: Semiconductor Devices, Worldwide, 2010" March 2011.
The content in the press release, including, but not limited to, product prices and specifications, is based on the information as of the date indicated on the document, but may be subject to change without prior notice.