GreenPAK™ is a broad family of cost-effective non-volatile memory (NVM) programmable devices that enable innovators to integrate many system functions into a single custom circuit, and in the process minimize component count, board space, and power consumption. Using GreenPAK Designer Software and GreenPAK Development Kit, designers can create and program your perfect custom circuit in minutes.
Benefits Over Discrete Design
- Smaller PCB footprint – Plastic packages as small as 1.0mm x 1.2mm.
- Fewer Components/Lower Cost – A typical GreenPAK implementation removes from ten to thirty components per instance.
- Higher Reliability – Fewer PCB interconnects increases reliability.
- Faster Design – Develop and program devices in minutes at your desk. Quickly respond to changing design requirements and increase productivity at the design and prototype verification stages.
- Lower Power – Save power by removing discrete resistors in voltage dividers, pull ups, pull downs, etc. and replacing them with low-power, integrated components. Further reduce power consumption using the sleep function.
- Design Security – Makes reverse engineering substantially more difficult by disabling the read-back of NVM configuration, obscuring design details.
- Tested Solutions – Every GreenPAK IC is tested, while a discrete circuit is not tested prior to the final board-level test.
- Functional replacement of popular mixed-signal standard products, often in combination
- Providing reliable hardware safety and reset functions for software coded devices, such as SoCs and microcontrollers
- Adding different features
- Overcoming last minute design challenges/issues