The 5P35021 is a VersaClock programmable clock generator and is designed for low power, consumer, and high performance PCI Express applications. The 5P35021 device is a three PLL architecture design, and each PLL is individually programmable and allowing for up to five unique frequency outputs. The 5P35021 has built-in unique features such as Proactive Power Saving (PPS), Performance-Power Balancing (PPB), Overshot Reduction Technology (ORT) and Extreme Low Power DCO. An internal OTP memory allows the user to store the configuration in the device without programming after power up, then program the 5P35021 again through the I2C interface.
The device has programmable VCO and PLL source selection to allow the user to do power-performance optimization based on the application requirements. It also supports one single-ended output and two pair of differential outputs that support LVCMOS, LVPECL, LVDS and LPHCSL. A Low Power 32.768kHz clock is supported with only less than 5μA current consumption for system RTC reference clock.
- Configurable OE pin function as OE, PD#, PPS or DFC control function
- Configurable PLL bandwidth/minimizes jitter peaking
- PPS: Proactive Power Saving features save power during the end device power down mode
- PPB: Performance- Power Balancing feature allows minimum power consumption base on required performance
- DFC: Dynamic Frequency Control feature allows up to 4 difference frequencies switch dynamically
- Spread Spectrum clock support to lower system EMI
- I2C interface
Also supports crystal input
Supported by Timing Commander™ software tool
Available in AEC-Q100 qualified, Grade 2 (-40°C to +105°C) version