An inverter is used to convert DC power to the AC power used in an electric vehicle motor. The Renesas xEV inverter solution maximizes the HEV/EV motor performance, motor parameter calibration tool and practical inverter hardware designs using a combination of microcontrollers, power management ICs, gate driver ICs, insulated gate bipolar transistors (IGBTs), and fast recovery diodes (FRD).
- Practical inverter specification for xEV 100kW class motors
- Reference solution kit, including inverter reference designs, software, model base designs, and calibration tools
- Function and performance verified through Renesas' motor bench, dedicated engineering support
- 3.9L compact volume through highly integrated products and temperature management
- Superior power efficiency, with 99% maximum inverter efficiency
- Function is already proven in real car demos
- High accuracy sensor error correction features
A reference solution kit including software is available to help customers easily start development and reduce the total lead time.
Boards and Kits with MCU
|PR-INV06500780-FB||Kit includes design information (Schematic, Gerber, BOM list), driver software, application software, and partner products (e.g. film capacitance, current sensor, IGBT module, etc.)||User's Manual (NDA Necessary)||Contact Sales|
|RH850/C1M-A2||Dual-core high-end in-vehicle microcomputer with two-units resolver/digital converter for motor control in HEV/EV||Contact Sales||Contact Sales|
|RAA270000||Power management IC for the RH850/C1x microcontrollers||Datasheet||Contact Sales|
|R2A25110||Intelligent power device for IGBT drive with micro isolator||Contact Sales||Contact Sales|
|RJQ7031/RJU7032||Insulated gate bipolar transistor (IGBT) and fast recovery diode (FRD)||Contact Sales||Contact Sales|
|RV1S2752Q||Low input current transistor output photocoupler||Contact Sales||Contact Sales|
Renesas’ complementary product portfolios of Analog + Power + Embedded Processing work together to deliver comprehensive solutions to our customers. Our product experts have developed "Winning Combinations," compelling product combinations that help our customers accelerate their designs and get to market faster.