Projects that have been created using CS+ can be ported to the e² studio environment in either of the following two ways.
- Convert an existing project to create a new project with e² studio
- Create a new project in e² studio and register existing source files
|Process||Convert an Existing Project||Create a New Project|
|Source file registration||Automatic||Manual|
|Option setting||(Partially) automatic||Manual|
|Source file folder location||Automatic||No care needs to be taken regarding the file registration location.|
|Conflict between source files and automatically generated files||Files should be modified after a project is created.||Care should be taken regarding conflict at manual file registration.|
Converting a CS+ Project Into an e² studio Project
CA78K0R (Note1), CC-RL, and CC-RX projects from CS+ can be converted into projects of the e² studio by using the function for importing projects to the e² studio. Please also read Project Conversion between CS+ and e² studio, Notes and Tips (PDF | English, 日本語) for descriptions of restrictions on porting projects between CS+ and the e² studio, workarounds for the restrictions, and so on.
- Projects for which this compiler was used are converted into CC-RL projects.
- Select [Import…] from the [File] menu of the e² studio or the pop-up menu produced by right-clicking in the project explorer pane.
- From [General], select [Renesas Common Project File] or [Renesas CA78K0R Project], then click [Next >] in the dialog box of the e² studio.
- Specify the project file from CS+ (*.rcpe) to be converted in [Select file] and import the project.
- After you have specified the project file, the entry for [Select Target] in the [Import] dialog box of the e² studio is automatically made. Select the debugger to be used from [Debug Hardware] and click on the [Finish] button.
Create a New Project in the e² studio and Register Existing Source Files
- Click on [File] -> [New] -> [C Project] in order from the menu bar of the e² studio and create a new C project. This launches the wizard for creating a new project shown right.
- Enter the project name in the dialog box and select the toolchain. Click on [Next >].
- Specify [Toolchain Version], [Debug Hardware], and [Select Target] and click on [Next >] to go to the next step.
- Click on the [Finish] button after setting the required options. This produces a window [Project summary for Tutorial]. Click on [OK] and a project is generated and displayed in the e² studio as in the example on the right.