The 6.5Ω switches were specifically designed to pass USB high speed/full speed data signals. They have high bandwidth and low capacitance to pass USB high speed data signals with minimal distortion.
The ISL54224 has OVP circuitry on the D-/D+ com pins that opens the USB in-line switches when the voltage at these pins exceeds 3.8V (typ) or goes negative by -0.5V (typ). It isolates fault voltages up to +5.25V or down to -5V from getting passed to the other-side of the switch, thereby protecting the USB transceivers.
The digital logic inputs are 1.8V logic compatible when operated with a 2.7V to 3.6V supply. The ISL54224 has an open drain OE/ALM pin that can be driven Low to open all switches and outputs a Low when the OVP circuitry is activated. It can be used to facilitate proper bus disconnect and connection when switching between the USB sources.
The ISL54224 is available in 10 Ld 1.8mmx1.4mm µTQFN and 10 Ld TDFN packages. It operates over a temperature range of -40°C to +85°C.
- High-speed (480Mbps) and full-speed (12Mbps) signaling capability per USB 2.0
- 1.8V logic compatible (2.7V to +3.6V supply)
- OE/ALM pin to open all switches and indicate overvoltage fault condition
- Power OFF protection
- D-/D+ pins overvoltage protection for +5.25V and -5V fault voltages
- -3dB frequency: 780MHz
- Low ON capacitance @ 240MHz: 3.3pF
- Low ON-resistance: 6.5Ω
- Single supply operation (VDD): 2.7V to 5.25V
- Available in µTQFN and TDFN packages
- Pb-free (RoHS compliant)
- Compliant with USB 2.0 short circuit and overvoltage requirements without additional external components