The PG-FP6 installed in a system is a tool for erasing, programming, and verifying programs on Renesas MCUs with on-chip flash memory.
- Control panel suitable for stand-alone operation (Learn More >>)
- Simple and user-friendly GUI, FP6 Terminal (Learn More >>)
- Useful functions for production line: programming using by buttons and automatic programming
- Able to use USB power: convenient for programming in the field
- High-speed downloading of files for programming from a PC to the PG-FP6 (Learn More >>)
- High-speed programming of MCUs by the PG-FP6 for reduced production times (Learn More >>)
- Support for high-volume programming by gang programming with the use of multiple PG-PF6s (Learn More >>)
- Code storage capacity with 256MB for large flash memory
- Security slot for theft prevention
- High compatibility with the predecessor (Learn More >>)
Control panel suitable for stand-alone operation
User-friendly GUI (FP6 Terminal)
- Stand-alone programming
- PC-controlled programming using dedicated GUI (FP6 Terminal）
- Up to 8 savable programming environments
- Optimized for production line programming (command control or remote control)
- Programming a unique code to a designated area of flash memory
- Function to control PG-FP6 main unit (prohibiting uploading and setup)
- Simultaneous selection of multiple program files
- Gang programming
High Compatibility with the Predecessor
Designed with compatibility with the predecessor PG-FP5 in mind for smooth migration.
- Setup files created with the PG-FP5 can be imported
- Support of PG-FP5-enabled MCUs
(For the V850 and 78K family, only MCUs with single-power-supply flash memory is supported.)
- The same specifications of control buttons, message display, and status LEDs
- The same specification of connector layout
- Connectable to boards designed by using the PG-FP5
- Pursuing programming GUI compatibility
|External dimensions||140 × 90 × 30 mm (protruding parts excluded)|
|Weight||Approximately 245 g|
|Host interface||USB2.0（USB1.1），Serial interface|
|External control interface||Provided|
|Terminal control||Provided (command released)|
|Target interface||CSI, CSI-H/S, UART, FINE|
|VDD supply from the programmer||Provided|
|ROM code||Max. 256 MB (divided by 8)|
|MCU-specific information||Parameter file for the PG-FP6(Included in FP6 Terminal) Note1
Multiple files (max. 8) can be read.
|MCU security settings||Provided|
|Main unit security settings||Provided|
|Single write operation
by a programmer
|The NEXT, ENTER, or CANCEL buttons are used.
The START button is used for write operation.
|Target cable||14-pin cable|
|Power||Power supply adapter for the PG-FP6 (accessory)
or USB power supply
|Programming GUI||Programming GUI for the PG-FP6: FP6 Terminal Note1|
- The FP6 Terminal for the PG-FP6 includes parameter files and firmware, which are provided separately for the PG-FP5, and USB drivers.
- GND cable
- USB cable
- Target cable (14-pin)
- Power supply adapter
The regulations with which the PG-FP6 conforms and plug shape vary depending on regions where the order is made. See Power supply adapter. >>
|China, Hong Kong, Chinese Taipei, South Korea, Singapore||RTE0T00001FWRAS000R|
- Since regulations that apply to the PG-FP6 vary with the region, we cannot ship a product to a region other than that from which the order was made. For example, if you place an order in Japan, you cannot purchase a product intended for Europe and the USA. Please purchase the product from a Renesas Electronics Corporation representative (responsible for sales) or distributor in the region where it is to be used.
- If you wish to know which model is available in a region not included in the above table, please contact either a Renesas Electronics Corporation representative (responsible for sales) or distributor.
Power Supply Adapter
The PG-FP6 includes a power supply adapter which conforms with the regulations and plug shapes in the region where the order is made.
|AC: 100-240V Note1|
- This is the range of voltages that the power-supply adapter can support. For the actual voltage through the power-supply cable, check the indication often be at the end of the casing for the plug.
PG-FP6 Usage Examples
Stand-alone (off-line) programming
Production line programming
Following optional products are provided to facilitate the use of the PG-FP6.
20-Pin Conversion Adapter for the PG-FP6 [RTE0T00001FWRB0000R]
This adapter is used for converting the 15-pin D-sub connectorNote1 to be connectable to the 20-pin CoreSight connector. The adapter comes with a 20-pin CoreSight cable (approximately 150-mm long).
Purpose: Programming RA- or RE-family MCUs on boards which have 20-pin CoreSight connectors.
- The target connecter on the PG-FP6.
14-Pin to 16-Pin Conversion Adapter for the E1 Emulator
This adapter converts the 14-pin, 2.54-mm pitch connector of the target cable to be connectable to the 16-pin, 2.54-mm pitch connector of the PG-FP5 or MINICUBE2.
Purpose: Programming 78K- or V850-family MCUs on boards which have 16-pin connectors.
User-system Interface Cable for the E2 Emulator (20-10 pins) [RTE0T00020KCAC1000J]
This cable is used for converting a CoreSight 20-pin connector to fit a CoreSight 10-pin connector, and is available for separate purchase. Use this conversion cable (approximately 150-mm long) along with the 20-pin conversion adapter for the PG-FP6.
Purpose: Programming RA- or RE-family MCUs on boards which have 10-pin CoreSight connectors.
User-system Interface Cable for the E2 Emulator (20-20pins) [RTE0T00020KCAC0000J]
This 20-pin CoreSight cable (approximately 150-mm long) is available for separate purchase. This cable also comes with the 20-pin conversion adapter for the PG-FP6.
Purpose: For use when, for example, the cable that comes with the product is damaged.
- RA Family
- RL78 Family
- RX Family
- RH850 Family
- Renesas Synergy™ Microcontrollers
- RE Family
- Power Management (Battery Management)
- Renesas USB Power Delivery Family (C30 Group)
- ICs for Motor Driver/Actuator Driver (ICs for Motor Control)
- SuperH Family
- V850 Family Note1
- 78K Family Note1
- R8C Family
- Use programmers produced by partners for programming of the V850 and 78K with dual power supply flash memory, which assume mass production with mask ROM.
For details of support for individual device part numbers, see List of MCUs supported by PG-FP6 (incl. information on components and parameter files)
Information Supporting Development Tools
|My Renesas||Create a My Renesas account to use our tool download services, receive e-newsletter/update notifications, and take advantage of our other services.|
|e-learning||Information for studying and learning about microcontrollers and microprocessors.|
|FAQ||Frequently asked questions and useful hints for development.|
|Forum||A forum and community site to share technical information, questions and opinions with others who use Renesas MCU's.|
|Tool News||Tool release information and other important information.|
|Operating Environment||Information on system requirements and operating environment for the latest version of tools.|
|Tool Environmental Information||Information on RoHS compliance of tools.|
|Info on Discontinued Products||A list of Renesas software and tools that have been discontinued and are no longer being offered for new projects.|
|PG-FP6 Gang Programming Function|
|Function and performance comparisons between PG-FP6 and PG-FP5|
|Tools Orderable Part Number (s)||Production Status||Manufacturer||Suggested Single Tool Price||
|Description||Distributor Stock||Distributors||Distributor Purchase||Buy Direct|
Note: Distributor Prices may vary from the stated budgetary price. The pricing and availability information on this site is based on information provided by Renesas’ authorized distributors and is subject to change without notice. By selecting a distributor from this page, you will be redirected from the Renesas site to the distributor’s website to complete a purchase. The distributors are independent from Renesas and maintain their own terms and conditions of sale. Renesas disclaims all representations and warranties, express and implied, with respect to transactions between distributors and their end customers.