The RTKA210610DE0000BU evaluation board features the RAA210610. Capable of delivering up to 15A of continuous current, the RAA210610 is a single-channel, synchronous step-down power supply that is optimized for high power density applications without the need for airflow or heatsink.
The RTKA210610DE0000BU evaluation board is a 1.8inx3in 4-layer FR4 board with 2oz. copper on all layers. Operating from a single 7V to 54V wide input power rail, the RTKA210610DE0000BU evaluation board offers adjustable output voltages down to 0.6V and efficiencies of up to 97.6%. It is based on a valley current mode PWM control scheme with VIN feed forward, which provides a fast transient response and excellent loop stability. The RTKA210610DE0000BU evaluation board is designed to program switching frequencies up to 2MHz, with the additional option of synchronizing to an external clock through the SYNC pin. A selectable Pulse Skipping Mode (PSM) with Diode Emulation Mode (DEM) is easily enabled to improve light-load efficiency for battery-related applications. The evaluation board also features output voltage tracking that is implemented through the SS/TRK pin.
By default, the board is set to a 5V output voltage with a 300kHz switching frequency.
- Wide input voltage range from 7V to 54V
- Adjustable output voltage from 0.6V to 12V with ±1.5% accuracy over line, load, and temperature
- Up to 97.6% conversion efficiency
- High light-load efficiency with pulse-skipping DEM operation
- Programmable soft-start with output voltage tracking
- Prebias output start-up
- External frequency synchronization up to 1MHz
- Dedicated enable pin and PGOOD indicator
- UVLO, programmable overcurrent, overvoltage, and over-temperature
- Thermally enhanced 19mmx13mmx5.3mm HDA package
The evaluation board is configured and optimized for the following operating conditions:
- VIN = 7V to 54V
- VOUT = 5V
- IOUT-MAX = 15A
- fSW = 300kHz
- Set to PWM/CCM mode by default
Disclaimer: THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (collectively, “Renesas”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. Renesas provides evaluation platforms and design proposals to help our customers to develop products. However, factors beyond Renesas' control, including without limitation, component variations, temperature changes and PCB layout, could significantly affect the product performance. It is the user’s responsibility to verify the actual circuit performance.