The EK-RA6M4 evaluation kit enables users to effortlessly evaluate the features of the RA6M4 MCU Group and develop embedded systems applications using the Flexible Software Package (FSP) and e2 studio IDE. Utilize rich on-board features along with your choice of popular ecosystem add-ons to bring your big ideas to life.
The key features of the EK-RA6M4 are categorized in three groups (consistent with the architecture of the kit) as follows:
Special Feature Access
- Ethernet (RMII and PHY)
- 64MB External Octo-SPI Flash
- 32MB External Quad-SPI Flash
MCU Native Pin Access
- R7FA6M4AF3CFB MCU
- 200MHz, Arm Cortex®-M33 core
- 1MB Code Flash, 256kB SRAM
- 144 pins, LQFP package
- Native pin access through 4x 40-pin male headers
- MCU and USB current measurement points
Ecosystem & System Control Access
- USB Full Speed host and device
- Multiple 5V input sources
- USB (Debug, Full Speed)
- External power supply
- Debug modes
- Debug on-board (SWD)
- Debug In (ETM, SWD & JTAG)
- Debug Out (SWD)
- User LEDs and buttons
- Three user LEDs (red, blue, green)
- Power LED (white) indicating availability of regulated power
- Debug LED (yellow) indicating the debug connection
- Two user buttons
- One reset button
- Five most popular ecosystem expansions
- MCU boot configuration jumper
- EK-RA6M4 board
- Micro USB device cable (type-A male to micro-B male)
- Micro USB host cable (type-A male to micro-B male)
- Ethernet patch cable
Running the Quick Start Example Project
- The EK-RA6M4 comes pre-programmed with a Quick Start example project (source code provided in the EK-RA6M4 Example Project Bundle).
- Power up the EK-RA6M4 board through the debug USB port (J10) using the micro USB device cable connected to a 5V power source. The white power LED will light up.
- The Quick Start example project will begin to execute blinking the blue user LED.
- Refer to the EK-RA6M4 Quick Start Guide to explore additional functionality of the Quick Start example project.
Developing Embedded Applications
- Modifying the Quick Start example project – Refer to the EK-RA6M4 Quick Start Guide for instructions on importing, modifying and building the Quick Start example project
- Start with one of the many other example projects – Choose from many example projects provided in the EK-RA6M4 Example Project Bundle to learn about different peripherals of the RA6M4 MCU Group. These example projects can serve as excellent starting points for you to develop your custom applications.
Building a Custom Hardware
- Start by building a functional prototype – Utilize the EK-RA6M4 board with your choice of hundreds of popular ecosystem add-ons.
- Build custom hardware – Develop custom hardware by referring to the design and manufacturing information provided in the EK-RA6M4 design package.
The EK-RA6M4 meets the following certifications/standards. Refer to the EK-RA6M4 user manual for the disclaimer, precautions and more details on the certifications.
- FCC Notice (Class A) – Part 15
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada ICES-003 Compliance: CAN ICES-3 (A)/NMB-3(A)
- CE Class A (EMC Directive 2004/108/EEC)
- Taiwan Chinese National Standard 13438, C6357 compliance, Class A limits
- Australia/New Zealand AS/NZS CISPR 32:2015, Class A
Material Selection, Waste, Recycling, and Disposal Standards
- EU RoHS
- China SJ/T 113642014, 10-year environmental protection use period.
- UL 94V-0
|Tools Orderable Part Number (s)||Production Status||Manufacturer||Suggested Single Tool Price||
|Description||Distributor Stock||Distributors||Distributor Purchase||Buy Direct|
|RTK7EKA6M4S00001BE||Mass Production||Renesas||call||1||Evaluation Kit for RA6M4 MCU Group||49||Digi-Key||-|
Note: Distributor Prices may vary from the stated budgetary price. The pricing and availability information on this site is based on information provided by Renesas’ authorized distributors and is subject to change without notice. By selecting a distributor from this page, you will be redirected from the Renesas site to the distributor’s website to complete a purchase. The distributors are independent from Renesas and maintain their own terms and conditions of sale. Renesas disclaims all representations and warranties, express and implied, with respect to transactions between distributors and their end customers.