- High-speed On-chip Oscillator
Matching unnecessary, no oscillation failure, plus greatly shortened oscillation stability time!
- Power-on Reset (POR)
Power rise gradient (Min.) not prescribed!
* R8C/Mx, R8C/3xC, R8C/3xD, R8C/3xM, R8C/3xT, R8C/3xK, R8C/3xU, R8C/3xQ, R8C/L3xC and R8C/L3xM only.
- Low Voltage Detection (LVD)
Save data during power cut-off!
- Data Transfer Controller (DTC)
Transfer data between memory and registers without going through CPU!
- Data Flash with Background Operation (BGO)
Continue operating CPU during data flash write/erase!
- Power-Off Mode
Built-in Power-Off Mode great for power-saving applications!
*Please see latest hardware manuals for details on functions and their applicable product groups.
Versatile! Choose the best MCU for you from our application-matched lineup
- Wide pin selection from 14 to 100 pins
- Rich package and memory selection
- Diverse products from high-function to standard
Easy-to-Use! The basic concepts serving as the backbone for usability
- Pin assignments which maintain compatibility, and on-chip peripheral functions
- Built-in high-performance flash memory
- Robust support for safe design
- A variety of development tools is available, from starter kits suitable for training and evaluation to emulators equipped with a wealth of debugging functions
- Industry top-class oscillation precision
R8C/32M - 38M and R8C/L35M - L3AM (oscillation frequency 40MHz)*: *Except some groups
±1.5% oscillation precision
in -40℃ - 85℃/1.8V - 5.5V
60％ increase precision than conventional products!
- Matching unnecessary, no oscillation failure
- Greatly shortened oscillation stability time
Shortening from Typ.500μs to Typ.100μs
Five times faster than conventional products!
- Reduced EMI noise and improved immunity EMS noise
- After power-on, reset is not deasserted until Vdet0 is detected
- Power rise gradient (Min.) is not prescribed
* This specification of the power-on reset function is supported by R8C/Mx, R8C/3xC, R8C/3xD, R8C/3xM, R8C/3xT, R8C/3xK, R8C/3xU, R8C/3xQ, R8C/L3xC and R8C/L3xM only.
- Generates interrupts when drops in supply voltage (Vdet1 and Vdet2) are detected
- Triggers reset when Vdet0 is detected
Can save necessary data to data flash using Vdet1 or Vdet2 interrupt during power cut-off
Voltage detection in R8C/3x, R8C/L3xC and R8C/L3xM
R8C/3x, R8C/L3xC and R8C/L3xM can set detection voltages Vdet0, Vdet1, and Vdet2 independently.
- Transfers data between memory and registers without going through CPU
- Activated by peripheral interrupts
Data transfer without using DTC
Data transfer using DTC
Send A/D conversion results to RAM
- Continue operating CPU during data flash write/erase
- Lack of need to hold CPU state greatly shortens instruction execution time and increases interrupt response rate
- No need to worry about data flash programming time, so feels like programming with external EEPROM
*Data flash is flash memory which can be used to store data.
- Power-off mode*1, a low-power mode that can achieve further power savings compared to the previous wait and stop modes, has been newly added.
- Added power-off mode 1*1 for operating RTC (real-time clock) functions using a low-speed clock to reduce power consumption due to leak current.
- Added power-off mode 0*1, in which the power supply is completely disconnected, and which enables exiting by external interrupt.
- Power-off mode 1*1 can be easily entered using register settings.
*1: This function is included in the R8C/Lx Series. R8C/L3xA, R8C/L3xB, and R8C/L3xM have power-off modes 0 and 1.
R8C/L3xC has power-off mode 0 only.
Structure and benefits of power supply control circuit. This on-chip circuit achieves significant power savings compared to the previous wait and stop modes.