The ISL1571 is a dual operational amplifier designed for PLC line driving in Orthogonal Frequency-Division Multiplexing (OFDM) and Spread Spectrum Communication (SSC) based solutions. This device features a high drive capability of 750mA while consuming only 6mA of supply current per amplifier and operating from a single 4.5V to 12V supply. The driver achieves a typical distortion of -80dBc, at 150kHz into a 25Ω load.
The ISL1571 is available in the thermally-enhanced 16 Ld QFN or 10 Ld HMSOP package and is specified for operation across the full -40°C to +85°C temperature range. The ISL1571 has control pins BIAS0 and BIAS1 for controlling the bias and enable/disable of the outputs. These controls allow for lowering the power to fit the performance/power ratio for the application.
The ISL1571 is ideal for line driving applications following the Homeplug 1.0, Homeplug AV and UPA standard based PLC.
- 21dBm output power capability
- Drives up to 750mA from a +12V supply
- 20VP-P differential output drive into 21Ω
- Very low noise floor
- -75dBc typical driver output distortion at 4MHz
- -80dBc typical driver output distortion at 10MHz
- -79dBc typical driver output distortion at 17MHz
- Low quiescent current of 6mA per amplifier
- Supply range
- ISL1571IUEZ: 4.5V to 12V
- ISL1571IRZ ±2.25V to ±6V: 4.5V to 12V
- 250MHz bandwidth
- Thermal shutdown
- Pb-free (RoHS compliant)